Tha' is amaayzing!!

nomoss

What about the majority of sentences, particularly if they are answers to questions, starting with "so"?  In days when education actually meant something, "so" was used to continue or expand on a statement.

So (see?) you use it to explain further[:)]  Eg I was tired so I went off to bed, I was sad so I went off my food, etc.  Now nearly ALL remarks, statements, exclamations start with "so"!!!

Maybe, just maybe, it's become like the French alors or the Italian alora?

Sadly even people who should know better speak like that. We have a friend in the UK who is a supply teacher, she starts nearly every sentence with

"you know what", then looks at me as if I am mad if I say, "no" or "do you mean the inventer of the steam engine?"

Goodness, age is no barrier! A person I know who is definitely old enough to know better, likes to punctuate his every sentence during an explanation with an interrogative "yeah?", which invites his listener to acknowledge that he hasn't yet managed to lull them to sleep with his mansplaining.

Nomoss, I do think that being disenfranchised is grossly unfair.  I thought citizenship should be for life unless you yourself renounce it or has it taken away from you.

If we do become a third country after Brexit, we won't be able to vote anywhere...not in the UK, not in the European elections and not in the municipal elections  [6]