Swissbarry postings

Swissbarry

Several people have told me that they have tried unsuccessfully to find my earlier postings on the site, but it seems that they have all been lost.  So for the benefit of newer members, and any older members who enjoyed them, I'm re-posting them (and a few new ones) in the new "Lighter Side" section, probably at the rate of about one every few weeks.

This means that people like Teamed Up and Outcast, who clearly don't approve of what I write, can simply ignore them.

The first one should appear about now.  Assuming it gets through the moderatation process.

I knew other users wouldn't be slow to point out Outcast's error

Mind you, if the French thought either Carole King or Carly Simon were any good they'd be only too quick to claim French nationality for them. I did read in Le Figaro the other day that EasyJet was France's second airline - just one example.

William Shatner was the richest showbiz person and highest earner for a while. Done some ads for a long forgoten internet start up and was paid in shares. The value of which rose to over 250 million i seem to remember, silly sod keep them and was wiped out when the bubble burst. He should have consulted for the pointy eared one. He would have told him to sell. It's logical.

[quote]You are right, was it about Mick Jagger ? I can't remember now.....[/quote]

Wise money has always been on Warren Beatty. You can take your pick on a few men but not strangely enough, poor James Taylor, her hubbie at the time !

Mick sang on the record though.

[quote]Who recorded "The Snide Comment That Went Wrong", Tresco?[/quote]

For Once In My Life, (on this forum) I am uncertain as to what you are referring to, Dicksmith. Are you implying my previous comment here was snide?

As the comment you made was directed to me, could you explain it please? 

tresco

Absolutely not, no, not at all. No, I wanted to know if you knew who wrote that song - the one made up of snide comments - that The Outcast was humming... Asking for your help, really, as I'm sure I've heard it somewhere before.

I thought your comment was, as they say in showbiz, cool.