Swissbarry postings

Swissbarry

Okey dokey, Dicksmith.

'Lost in France' - love that as a suggestion joh.

No idea what Outcast is 'searching' for, but he should listen again to 'Nowhere Man' The  Beatles. There is always hope, for the daftest brush, always.  (Apologies to those who don't know the lyrics, but don't worry, they are pretty fatuous).

As for Mrs O's contribution, well I note with interest her      increasing  willingness to support outcast, the song Stand by Your Man comes to mind,  but I really don't like humourless and gauche way she has done it in this thread.

tresco

Swissbarry, I am as you know a fan. However, I think there are still a few lingering authenticity issues here. I mean, is it really you? Basically, the site remains wide open to skulduggery and general misrepresentation. I've spotted many obvious forgeries myself, even the occasional posting masquerading as mine - fatuous comments, meaningless observations, clever facsimiles in many ways, but just too clever in their cleverness to be the genuine thing. I just don't think it would be right if folk could just march in, claim other people's postings, and go around bathing in their glory. Why not forget the archives and create a new opus?

I strongly believe Outcast is the genuine article. You always know where you are with him - 'here in France'. His credentials are impeccable. But this is not necessarily the case with the rest of us, and until something can be done to rule-out the risk of impersonation, I think we should all agree to er on the side of caution in matters of this importance.

What would swing-it for me completely would be if Forum Admin credited you as The 'Swissbarry' with your past service - no one could possibly entertain any doubts then.

[quote]Swissbarry, I am as you know a fan. However, I think there are still a few lingering authenticity issues here. I mean, is it really you? Basically, the site remains wide open to skulduggery and genera...[/quote]

Hmmm

Best get interpol involved ?

Peter

Hmmm.  A bit of a problem.  How do I prove I'm me?  I could show you my passport, or my carte de sejour, or my mock-aviator sunglasses, or even my ankles (my best feature, remember?) if you were here.   But failing that, all I can think of is to make another posting (a slightly revised copy of a much earlier one) and hope you'll be persuaded of its authenticity.  Surely, if I keep on being this silly for long enough you'll eventually accept that no-one else could be quite so daft?

So if you want more evidence, see the Lighter Side section and the posting "Off My Trolley".

Signed,

Me.