Someone must know!

Hello

We are moving from Spain hopefully to lead a quieter life in Charente.

Can anyone tell me where we can find a truck for self drive hire in the Limoges area? We need it for 5 days in July to drive down to Spain & back, it must be bigger than a Luton Box van (to take 35m3 of furniture) and we need to be able to drive it on a car license.

I know someone knows the answer to this...the question is will they tell me???

Getting back to the question.... in the Charente and the Limousin, the Charente and Limoge area are not exactly the same place but anyway,  wherever you are in France or intend to look for  a van you could try ADA.  They do extended hires but I doubt somehow you will get one that will take 35m3 , we brought 40 m3 over and that was a large lorry and a similar sized trailer.  ADA have a website so you can see their range.

I just did a quick Google on - van hire france - & there seem to be quite a few hire companies offering vans. Not sure if this is the right sort of size or not.  Example of the sort of thing I found, below..

vehicle(s)

Iveco 7,5t 75E17 Box Tailift

load options

weight

transmission

restriction

tail-lift

payload kg: 3148

manual

Drivers age: 25

Posted by Zeb:

Hello splishsplash - have you had a look at Eurpecar - they hire out trucks. There is a depot at Ruffec which is actually in Charente (Limoges isn't!) and also the commercial depot at Angouleme, they have large trucks.

Take no notice of wvm - the Charente is peaceful and beautiful - perhaps he/she should go to Spain

[quote user="zeb"]What happened there, Gay? Edit: Yippee, just noticed - 1000 posts!! Do I get a prize now?[/quote]

The thread had to be pruned and your post was pruned in the process, but replaced as it contained information. It was just quicker to do it that way.

1000 posts - drinks are on you then !

Back to vans

So who complained this time ?

Any solid reason for the deletions and I wonder if one could  try please, not to offer the old chestnut of off topic because, as I have said a thousand times, that would make most threads, in need of severe pruning. Surely it doesn't take a genius to see that we have lost enough good members due to posts constantly dispppearing.

I really do wonder if some people actually speak to other folks when

they go out, lest they fear about what the others might say !

Strong debates/arguments...........come on, someone must remember them on here !!

Yes - there were posts against the Code of Conduct - specifically:

The forum is an open discussion board for Francophiles. Please be aware that it is a message board which from time to time is visited by hoaxers and those not necessarily interested in discussing France and French lifestyle. If you encounter users who you feel are abusing the message boards, please do not respond to them. These users are only encouraged when their messages provoke a response, so the best thing you can do is ignore them. Click on the 'Report' link on their message and Forum Admin or a moderator will deal with the complaint. Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum

and

• Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies, users of the Forum or not. This includes material sent via personal e-mails through this forum.

• Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others
  •  

Its not up for discussion, the running of the forum is not the topic of this thread, nor should it be the topic of any other, (see above)

Can we get back to Vans please? If not I'll lock the thread so as to keep the information for reference.

Well, one of my posts was certainly not derogatory, it was the truth

and also did not contravene anything that you have just posted....

If you feel that makes you powerful, then as far as I am

concerned, lock the thread. The way the forum has gone now, I seriously

worry that it wont be long until anyone offering a different opinion to

the original poster will see the post deleted.

If TU, who saw France in a very French way and knew that

arguing/debating which way the wind is blowing (contrary to what some

people think, very few French, especially among the workers, are laid back and stress free !) was an everyday

occurrence here, giving her the thick skin needing to lead a French life

in France thought that deletions were pathetic and mostly uncalled for,

then that was surely something the Mods should have taken more

seriously but oh no...let her go, can't be having someone with many

years true experience and life telling us Mods how life is

here...........................

Most of us have that position Russethouse.

I'm all for free speech until it contravenes the basic laws of the land and encroaches on common civility and common decency. Healthy discussion is great but the truth of the matter Miki is that you're enjoying somebody elses party, and be they egotists, bored individuals who are lost in life and sit with their rule books by their sides. internet anoraks or whatever it's their party and they call the shots.

I personally thank God every day for the freedom he gave me, I can choose to post here or not. The internet nerds just mean very little to me, in fact whilst they take the screen we're looking at very seriously I use it as entertainment. You'll never win Miki, your Nemesis will never concede to you so you're perpetually in a Catch 22 situation.

An old instructor of mine once said "Chris, know when to take a deep breath, turn around and walk away and know when to pull the trigger".

Chill pill Miki.

Chris

Oh I agree in principle Chris but this was once, one of the only places

where one could debate, if the forum goes in the way it is now, then

there is the  big possibility of folks asking how many more have

left every month.

Sure, one likes to have humour but it must be intermingled with

discussion of some kind now and again. If  all a troll has to do

is inflame, knowing full well  the thread will be deleted, then

they win every bluddy time...........that as far as it looks now, is

the bottom line !

Those that have left saw it, so why do I get the feeling that some of us are just hoping for some leeway and change?

These internet anoraks are pretty grim and boring folk, in life outside the forum, they

have no possible part in my life, that's not snobbery of any kind but

they simply play no part whatsoever in what I do, where I like to go and

I sincerely hope they feel the same way about me !!

I asked Mark that, yesterday!!  I thought it meant someone who "trolls" around forums, looking for trouble - but he thinks it's a hairy monster that lives under bridges, eats children & makes daft & irritating comments on a forum.  I suppose it could be either - or both - or non of the above!!  [:D] 

I didn't really help, did I.  [blink]