wheres the totty !

euro

now that i am single i am becoming a little disapointed with the lack of attractive members of the opposite sex  - in my case female.

where are they all ?

i live in SW near Villenueve 47  surrounded by old boys driving even older tractors or auld wifies in aprons dragging shopping baskets full of stuff around - so where are all the 30 ish somethings hiding ??????

presumably France has single people or seperated / divorced people just like the UK but where ?

ideas please or real life experiences even better - preferably local

thanks

Euro

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="euro"]

where are all the 30 ish somethings hiding ??????

[/quote]

London.. [;-)]

Seriously, there are dating bureaux, of a kind, in France. I have known people (not me, well, not in France, anyway) who have used them successfully. The personal ads in your local paper are a good place to start.

Well, if here in 61 is anything to go by, all the thirty-somethings are in fact married to the old geezers on tractors and based on those criteria should I be looking for some male "totty" then la maison de retraite is the place to go.  I am however NOT looking for male company - one is quite enough thanks!!  [:D]

Dont make the 2 language mistakes that I did and risk getting your face slapped, or perhaps as a high risk strategy with a certain type it may just work for you!

Mistake 1: Suggesting meeting up for an exchange of "languages" not realising that I was asking to exchange tongues.

Mistake 2: Asking to "introduce" myself not realising that it means in the physical sense!

I met my current girlfriend at A.V.F.,  in our group there are far more single women than men in your target age range, not totty but intelligent educated proffessionals in the main.

Whilst it is easy to over generalise about characteristics of a nation, for what it is worth my own experiences and observations are that many French women are looking for somebody to look after them.  When you first get to meet them they are great.  However, often after a few weeks you start getting "how bad their job is" and how "badly paid they are" and "how depressing it all is" and "how little money they have", etc., etc. - basically, looking for a "father figure".

My own observations (and a massive over-generalisation) is that French women are much better looking the British women but that British women are more independent and seeking relationships on "more equal terms" (which for me is a good thing).

Please appreciate that the above is only my experience and I whilst it might appear I am making massive generalisations (which I suppose I am) - I do appreciate that such sweeping statements are enormous over-simplifications.  Also, when it comes to such generalisations I appreciate that 99% of people fall outside the "sweeping statement".

Ian

Actually it was my first night here, rough camping in my long derelict building, I decided to "introduce myself" to the neighbours, namely the Brasserie 10 metres away and the six foot six built like a brick @@@@ house proprietor[:'(]

He is now a good friend but it was a long time later after I had done the same (without success) with several ladies that one explained to me. Of course I was embarrassed and I recalled all the previous reactions the most severe of all was my neighbour, I consider myself very lucky having seen how he normally deals with lairy clients.

He told me last night that this week  one drun k 24 demis between 18.00 and 21.00!

I think Deimos's observatiuons are right on the mark (generalisations accepted) when he mentions a father figure Claire is of course correct but I think he meant that "les femmes entretenues" or wannabees learned their skills as teenagers by emulating how "mummy" managed to get exactly what she wanted from "daddy" and continue in life to hone them, I have had many relationships like this, always turbulent!

FWIW I think that I have actually found the exception this time and found an attractive independant French woman on relatively equal terms, mind you I am nearly old enough to be her father!

[quote user="J.R."]FWIW I think that I have actually found the exception this time and found an attractive independant French woman on relatively equal terms, mind you I am nearly old enough to be her father![/quote]

As long as you're both happy in the relationship, good for you J.R.! [:D]

Your French must be improving in leaps and bounds![:P]

[quote user="J.R."]

Mistake 2: Asking to "introduce" myself not realising that it means in the physical sense!

[/quote]

Woot .....[:-))] This is the first I have heard of this .....................[:(]

The first week I got my hands on my house I went to la mairie to speak to le maire and said I wanted to introduce myself and mon mari to them and also ask some questions, this was all done in my many weeks of translation and praticing, best french. Some old chap in the corner nearly wet him self in his chair . ( I thought he was laughing at my french.) now your telling me I was offering our bodies to them ????[blink] 

Why arnt you told these things at the boarder [:@]    

[quote user="Clair"]For future use (clearly too late for Pads and J.R....[Www])

I'd like to introduce myself = je voudrais me présenter
je voudrais introduire... = I'd like to enter/penetrate

[/quote]

Phew thats cool I said présenter my self

In fact I said

je voudrais à présenter moi et mon mari ................ Was that right

I thought that was what you meant [:)]

So the man in the corner was lauging at my french [:@]