Trouble at Mill

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have explained (at least twice) before, mentioning another forum in general terms is not a problem.

Discussing the inner workings and the individuals is not on.

These people are not able to explain, justify or defend their actions and moreover, as several users here are members of other fora, it would be akin to bringing problems across to this forum (in fact some members here already know more than others about this).

Odlile has said she believes a newly formed forum will suit her better; she has also said this forum is not active enough for her, that many members and topics are being banned and the best people are at the new forum.

So on the whole, it is fair to ask whether she really wants out.

now this it getting silly - the article posted clearly discusses all the ins and outs of what happened at 'that other site'.  Goose and gander. And I shall make my decision about that door as and when I am ready. I was about 5 when I learnt how not to be 'encouraged' to make decisions not of my making in the school courtyard!

Odile or Swissie what ever you call yourself!

'As CF is also dying a death of topics deleted, banned and members kicked out- the best of them will all be here soon.'

This statement is out of order!

We have not always seen eye to eye on some subjects, but there is room for more than one forum in this virtual world, and slagging one off to another just to try and gain friends is just childish, if you wish to go, then go with a little grace.

Yes Mrs O'Dile, Oh please don't leave now you are talking about Geese and ganders.  I always enjoy reading about birds of any type, but the Canada goose is a particular favourite. Have you ever read about a singing goose from Cardif that goes to live in the Dordogne? It's a bit sad though. I was wondering if your first name is croc? Now you don't go unless you really want to, think it through very carefully and make yer woman keep holding that door open till she gets cramp. What ever you decide could have a fundamental and profound affect on the rest of your life. Good luck from us all in County Kerry![:)]

I wish I could respond and give the reasons why I do not feel an apology is required, but this is not allowed by forum rules. I can however say that many private e-mails have expressed support and concern re one particular deleted thread.  I will apologise for saying the majority of forum threads are inactive - I should have said a 'great number' - apologies hoddy.

Nothing to do with the subject of Odile and the draughty door, but I was very pleased and interested when the now deleted thread was up and running.  It showed that this forum was open to debate on what appears to be a delicate subject (amongst of course many others).  That is a marvellous thing.  After all, there should be no secret, there are regularly articles on the subject in different magazines.

As you know, I appreciate this forum very, very much and it would be a shame if things were changed under pressure.  We all have our right to our opinions.  I hope I haven't breached forum conduct by saying that, if so please feel free to delete this post.

Odile I doubt you'll take this as meant, but c'mon, you've had a post removed, so what, its hardly the end of the world, is it.

Threatening to leave, that's your choice alone, or should be.

Hanging around having threatened to leave is weakening your argument,  so why not do it and go or, alternatively, stay on this site and get over the current niggle.

I kinda hope you stay, personally...................[:)]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Nothing to do with the subject of Odile and the draughty door, but I was very pleased and interested when the now deleted thread was up and running.  It showed that this forum was open to debate on what appears to be a delicate subject (amongst of course many others).  That is a marvellous thing.  After all, there should be no secret, there are regularly articles on the subject in different magazines.

As you know, I appreciate this forum very, very much and it would be a shame if things were changed under pressure.  We all have our right to our opinions.  I hope I haven't breached forum conduct by saying that, if so please feel free to delete this post.[/quote]

You see, even mild-mannered, self-effacing, elderly, fragile pensioner, Christine Emmanuelle gets the wind behind her sometimes (well, these days, most of the time actually) and is moved to deliver a bombshell which frightens us all stiff and gets the mods into a positive tizzy, and if you have ever seen some of them in a tizzy, it is not a pretty site (sic). So dear, go have a bath, change yer drawers, put on fresh lipstick, have a couple of glasses and begin being nice again, there's a good girl. Otherwise we'll send out very own rottweiler from the Rottveyron to chase you round the garden with a big stick and smack your ........ sorry, have to stop, getting all hot and bothered.

Come on odile, enough is enough. One tip though, never post after opening the second bottle.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Oh, go and climb up a banana tree you!  I'm going out in the rain with the dogs.    [:D][/quote]

Awwwwww, have you got to go pick up sticks in the forest to warm your poor little hearth. Still, it is nice the dogs have been trained to pull the bath chair.[:D][kiss]

[quote user="odile"]I wish I could respond and give the reasons why I do not feel an apology is required, but this is not allowed by forum rules. I can however say that many private e-mails have expressed support and concern re one particular deleted thread.  I will apologise for saying the majority of forum threads are inactive - I should have said a 'great number' - apologies hoddy.

[/quote]

Odile, You have been told the truth about why that thread was deleted, you can either tell those who email you the truthful reason or refer them to the mods who will tell them the same. But let me make this quite clear, had the thread remained one member here may have been open to legal action and so might Archant.

The Code of Conduct is there for a reason, when people post outside of that, threads can, will and often are deleted.

Now if you can't accept that of course you must go, but if you stay perhaps you need to reread the Code of Conduct before posting again

Now I find that after 4 years in this owl dump, that when a user starts threatening to go, they always get other members begging them not to go! They say things like "you are so great" or "you will be sadly missed" and "life as we know it will never be the same again" Sometimes I think that all they want is some reassurance that they are loved and wanted and are making a worthwhile contribution to society. If they really wanted to go with dignity and respect, they would just go without a word, that's what I would do.  Then maybe in years to come, someone would say "where is that beautiful Mrs O'Dile gone?" I would prefer that meself.

[quote user="Furry Knickers"]Sometimes I think that all they want is some reassurance that they are loved and wanted and are making a worthwhile contribution to society. If they really wanted to go with dignity and respect, they would just go without a word, that's what I would do.  [/quote]

FK, you are so right. As always. [kiss] The only classy way to leave a forum is silently. [;-)]

I'm sorry, but you ve never been in that position.

If you feel guilty, right, but I understand what Odile must feel , when you feel something is unfair , you want to make your point .

I never posted on that thread, I ve not even read it, so I'm not personnally involved, just that I know Odile is a good person and I m SURE she never did anything on purpose.