Whats happened to Grumpy?

Chancer

I know it is a bit like missing a headache or a boil on the bum (perhaps I have the Stockholm syndrome) but the forum is not the same without my tormentor and cyber-stalker, it has been two months now since I last was on the receiving end of his particular style of posting.

What has become of him? Did the moderators ask him to "dah-do one R*n R*n" whilst I was absent or has he found more rewarding victims elsewhere?

I always thought that he must have been someones brother in law or lovechild (like Gunner Graham in Dad's Army) to have got away with some of his postings.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of a motoring incident recently involving my brother.

When attempting to leave a supermarket carpark, he accidently nudged his vehicle into the one behind.

Unfortunately the driver was present and emerged from his car; a very very short man he was and so angry that he was turning a peculiar shade of puce.

"I'm not happy. I'm really not happy" he shouted.

"Ah, which dwarf are you then?" replied my brother.

[quote user="J.Rs gone native"]

I know it is a bit like missing a headache or a boil on the bum (perhaps I have the Stockholm syndrome) but the forum is not the same without my tormentor and cyber-stalker, it has been two months now since I last was on the receiving end of his particular style of posting.

What has become of him? Did the moderators ask him to "dah-do one R*n R*n" whilst I was absent or has he found more rewarding victims elsewhere?

I always thought that he must have been someones brother in law or lovechild (like Gunner Graham in Dad's Army) to have got away with some of his postings.

[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance, JR, but what the hell is the "Stockholm Syndrome"?

As for your "tormentor and cyber-stalker", I have even less clue to their identity.

Oh well, just call it my age!  I find that I am less and less "with it" these days........

Grumpy has to hang upside down in a dark cellar during the summer, fasting. However, as the days shorten, he unfurls his wings and begins to hunt again, seeking the blood of virgins, which is a challenge these days. So, hungry all summer and having to accept used goods explains why he is so bloody grumpy!!!

In the 1980s I spent two weeks in a small town in the middle of Sweden in the middle of winter. The sun rose at 10am and set by 2pm; alcohol was available only from the official liquor shop and was prohibitively expensive; there were 2 cafes in the town; one was owned by the Lutheran church and the other was known as "the sinful cafe" because it had a fruit machine. At the end of my time there I had lost the will to live.

[quote user="Gengulphus"][quote user="sweet 17"]what the hell is the "Stockholm Syndrome"?[/quote]
In the good old days  -  before we started having 'syndromes'  -  we used to call it  Doing a Patty Hearst.

[/quote]

But "syndrome" gives it a sort of quasi-medical legitmacy, don't you think?

[quote user="Patf"]

JR - I've no idea who you're talking about. I've got a good memory, and have done a search, but come up with nothing.

Except there might be a simian connection?

[/quote]

Simian eh!

Now I am the confused one [:)]

Between my beach boys reference and WB's second posting you should be able to work it out.

Thank you Quillan, I wont be celebrating though [:(], I never took his jibes/attacks/call them what you wish to heart and I tried to give back as good as I got whilst trying at all times to remaining polite which was at times quite a challenge.

Now I can finally get rid of that annoying apostrophe in my user name, the only reason that I stubbornly held onto it was the knowledge that it wound him up and his inability to ask me to remove it in a civil way [6].

So in memory of the dear departed member who has left this forum a blander place I have decided to choose my new username in his memory and have selected one of the milder names that he liked to call me which if only he had known I took as a compliment [:)]