Oh Zöe, let me ride you. But not if you are Zöe...

I like some of the replies at the end.  Someone suggested it should be called 'Noddy'.  Shouldn't that be 'Oui Oui' ??  (or even Wee Wee looking at it)

Talking of car names, didn't Ford steal the name  'Mondeo' from Dutton?

and am I right in thinking that Misubishi should have done a little more reseach before they released the 'Pajero' to the Spanish speaking market?

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Talking of car names, didn't Ford steal the name  'Mondeo' from Dutton?

and am I right in thinking that Misubishi should have done a little more reseach before they released the 'Pajero' to the Spanish speaking market?

[/quote]

Twas the Sierra!

And yes I heard a story about the Shogun but that version was that Shogun meant w****r in one of the European languages so they renamed it Pajero, probably an urban legend but I can confirm that Tim Dutton took action against Ford as he had been selling Dutton Sierras for a few years already, the big guns got  to keep the name though.

[quote user="Chancer"]

Twas the Sierra!

And yes I heard a story about the Shogun but that version was that Shogun meant w****r in one of the European languages so they renamed it Pajero, probably an urban legend but I can confirm that Tim Dutton took action against Ford as he had been selling Dutton Sierras for a few years already, the big guns got  to keep the name though.

[/quote]

Ah yes!  I thought I had that a bit wrong

And thanks again for the Pajero/Shogun thing.  I was told by a Spaniard that it did indeed mean w****r but I had forgotton which way round it was [:$]

It is difficult for manufacturers to continually come up with new names.

I heard that Ford planned to call a version of the Cortina "Caprino", until they found that this is a type of goat cheese, and also used colloqually for goat excrement.

Toyota's sporty model was widely referred to in the Far East as the "Silly Car".

[quote user="Dog"]The Toyota MR2 was renamed in France for obvious reasons if you say out loud M R 2.[/quote]

Plaguarist!

Mind you Toyota werent taking any chences when they renamed the MR2 (think about it) the MR for the French market Wink [;-)]

I forgive you Dog as you were away at the time.

Have a look at my thread on "Ouch taxe d'habitation" I know that you were intersted and in the same situation, I got a real good result and thought of you at the time.