Blowing a real hooley tonite

Well, vigilance orange and a forecast of 130kph should be enough for one night. It is really blowing now, with anything not tied down simply heading for the hills and one big doggie sitting on my lap looking anxious.

Wonder what will happen to the full rubbish bins which have been put out for collection tomorrow morning.

Equinox a bit early plus grandes marées at the turn of the month. Should change afterwards the locals say.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dog"]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Spanish flu, Spanish fly, Spanish practices, Spanish rain?[/quote]

It's amazing that anti Spanish sentiments are still ongoing after so many centuries.

[/quote]

Not in my house Dog, for lunch I think I might have a Spanish omelette.

Knowing your liking for golf you will no doubt be aware that Seve Ballesteros is going through a bit of a hard time at the moment.

[quote user="woolybanana"][quote user="Dog"]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Spanish flu, Spanish fly, Spanish practices, Spanish rain?[/quote]

It's amazing that anti Spanish sentiments are still ongoing after so many centuries.

[/quote]

Every egg a bird!![/quote]

Wind's died down somewhat.  Went for a walk in the woods behind our house this morning expecting to see a lot of trees damaged but there were hardly any signs left behind by the wind.

Strange cause the wind was really, really fierce so must be just luck or something.

As Dave has said, Its coming [:-))] The wind we had the other night was, apparently, just a taster.

I've just spoken to friends in the Algarve and it appears that the worst of the storm has just missed them. Its reported to hit northern Portugal/Spain later then moving up over western France and winds up to 100mph.

Batten down Guys and Gals.

There are currently 66 departments on orange alert for night Sat-Sun.

The france meteo site is pathetic so I thought you might like to look at a non pathetic meteo info site.

Click on link for opening page with complete barometric synopsis for the whole of westen europe right down to the Canaries.

Left margin allows pacing through the time sequence; note that the area to the south -west of the depression has the closest isobar spacing and therefore the highest wind speeds.

There are lots of other tags to play with and for monosyllabics there is a language flag at bottom left.

Looks like Charente Maritime will get the highest wind speeds between 02:00 -04:00 Sunday morning.

http://www.eltiempo.es/presion/?20Min

VIGILANCE ORANGE

Phénomènes dangereux

Description

Qualification du phénomène :
Tempête d'une force et d'une ampleur peu fréquente.

ituation actuelle et données observées :
Une dépression se creuse au sud-ouest du Portugal.

Evolution prévue :
La dépression remonte en cours de journée en continuant de se creuser le long du Portugal, puis elle se déplace rapidement la nuit prochaine de la pointe nord-ouest de l'Espagne vers les Pays de Loire , puis vers le nord du pays demain matin. Elle génère des vents très forts , voire violents au nord d'une ligne Arcachon/Brive. Cet événement débute vers 22 heures sur le littoral, puis progresse rapidement vers l'intérieur des terres du Poitou-Charentes à la Gironde, puis du Limousin à la Dordogne. Rafales prévues le littoral de 100 à 120 km/h dans l'intérieur, et de 120 à 140 km/h sur  du sud au nord. Les vents les plus forts se situent du Poitou-Charentes au Médoc où ces valeurs pourront être localement dépassées. Accalmie rapide demain matin par le sud-ouest.

To me this is not pathetic at all.  The meteo France site suits me very well, don't understand why you say that.