La Poste, is this a new policy?

We've had two parcels from the UK in the last week and both of them had been sliced open and then re-sealed with La Poste tape.

The first one I thought had maybe been accidentally damaged, but the one today was no accident, it had been neatly sliced all down one side.

In both cases nothing was missing.

Is this normal practice? [:@]

Is a photo to follow?

I had a packet from UK yesterday, containing toiletries. It was fully marked as such and with the value of the contents, and had not been opened.

Oh dear, just added a comment from another thread on the end of this one - maybe the storm in the night disrupted more than my sleep!  [:)]

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered a book from the UK from a company that doesn't appear to use Royal Mail but another method where it goes via most of mainland Europe. I thought it had been lost in the post and a replacement was sent. The original arrived yesterday, in a large white sack with a security seal on it. The book inside was still in its packing carton and not damaged save for two strips of packing tape, so I think someone had opened it for a look.

I don't mind them (customs?) opening it, but the delay in getting it to me after was excessive and now I've got to get the spare one back to the UK.

[quote user="tj"].................

of course it was customs that opened it....[/quote]

Really, well the letter I received from La Poste replying to my

complaint about my damaged parcels stated quite clearly that if the

packages were re-sealed with 'La Poste' tape, they were damaged in

transit.

[quote user="tj"]where on earth have you people been living??????????

....[/quote]

So I guess the answer to your question is the real world.

Mine was in the cardboard carton with the name of the multi national company emblazoned all over it, not a company renowned for dealing in anything dogdy as far as I know[:)]. No note saying it had been damaged in transit, (as it hadn't) it was just placed in a huge sack. Still the sack will be good for growing spuds in.