DSK, can we believe this?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Do you honestly think its OK for a man in his position of authority and trust to go round having casual sex with any one who happens to be to hand ?[[/quote]

If it is consensual then absolutely!

What kind of people would be attracted to the top dog positions if there were no perks? [:P]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

And some people jump to conclusions without yet knowing the facts.   [Www]

Last night on the news there was yet another version from her, that he had refused to pay her for her "services", so she made up the rape story!  Wonder what it is going to be next.

[/quote]

As far as I am aware no one has denied there was a sexual liaison so my feeling is that its already very bad, if it was actually rape its considerably worse.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

And some people jump to conclusions without yet knowing the facts.   [Www]

Last night on the news there was yet another version from her, that he had refused to pay her for her "services", so she made up the rape story!  Wonder what it is going to be next.

[/quote]

My facts are Sofitel contact Accor; Accor contact Madame Pompadour's Hôtel; duty officer in the "officine" contacts UMP Militant.

UMP Militant tweets within an hour of the event.....the media in New York later got hold of the story.....for reasons of professional pride they decline to admit the tweet source.[:)]

And your facts!!

[quote user="Russethouse"]Quite, I suspect that some people are fixated on the alleged crime and are either just ignorant of the bigger picture or choosing to ignore it.[/quote]

I dont know about choosing to ignore the bigger picture, for me there simply is not one, the polemique is did DSK commit rape or another sexual offence or is he innocent.

I would prefer to be fixated on the crime, alleged or otherwise than preoccupied on what consenting adults choose to do in their free time or speculating and generalising on whether men, powerfull or otherwise are capable of keeping it in their trousers.

Speaking for myself I am rather pleased that my father whoever he may have been chose not to keep it in his trousers.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

As far as I am aware no one has denied there was a sexual liaison so my feeling is that its already very bad, [/quote]

I didn't know a sexual liaison was " bad ", if both partners agreed..

A rape is a crime . Completely different  .

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="Russethouse"]Quite, I suspect that some people are fixated on the alleged crime and are either just ignorant of the bigger picture or choosing to ignore it.[/quote]

I dont know about choosing to ignore the bigger picture, for me there simply is not one, the polemique is did DSK commit rape or another sexual offence or is he innocent.

[/quote]

Agreed !

[quote user="Chancer"]

I would prefer to be fixated on the crime, alleged or otherwise than preoccupied on what consenting adults choose to do in their free time or speculating and generalising on whether men, powerfull or otherwise are capable of keeping it in their trousers.

Speaking for myself I am rather pleased that my father whoever he may have been chose not to keep it in his trousers.

[/quote]

Excellent post.  Merci.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Alls well that ends well.

Tristane has finally got off her "butt".[8-|]

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/752719/tristane-banon-va-porter-plainte-tentative-viol-contre-dsk

[/quote]

Et DSK contre-attaque !

DSK va porter plainte contre Tristane Banon pour dénonciation calomnieuse

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/tristane-banon-annonce-porter-plainte-contre-dsk-tentative-135246787.html

There will surely be a film later on.   [:)]

The more I see of this, the more disgusted I become.

Tristane Banon is a young woman who, from what I have read was badly advised when this first happened. And now she has decided to do something is being attacked. Poor poor girl.

I just hope that if any woman who posts on here is ever a victim of sexual assault,  that it is not by a man who believes himself above the law of any country and too rich and powerful to make you feel not only violated but completely insignificant and worthless.

[quote user="idun"]

The more I see of this, the more disgusted I become.

Tristane Banon is a young woman who, from what I have read was badly advised when this first happened. And now she has decided to do something is being attacked. Poor poor girl.

I just hope that if any woman who posts on here is ever a victim of sexual assault,  that it is not by a man who believes himself above the law of any country and too rich and powerful to make you feel not only violated but completely insignificant and worthless.

[/quote]

Excellent post, Idun! 

I, too, am disgusted by the attitude of some on here.  TBH the opinions expressed on here just show how low French moral standards are...somewhere in the gutter.   Women are already subject to character assassination in rape trials; it is less onerous to be the defendant.  The offence doesn't need to have been committed by someone 'rich and powerful' - the average Joe in the stand will get more deference and consideration than the victim.  

The 19thC, misogynistic attitude of French men is the one thing that has truly shocked me during the time we have owned a house in France.  The UK is, truly, streets ahead of France.

Mrs R51

Chancer, Did your father hold a position of trust funded by the tax payers of several nations ?

Did he have liaisons where it was unclear whether the woman was a prostitute or not ?

Did he sleep with women who answered to another man ?

This is not a man meets woman, overcome with sexual passion, has a romantic roll in the hay Hollywood story, this is grubby, sordid wham bang, thank you ma'am (and not too much of the thank you by the sounds of it) by a married man in a position of trust who should have a better grasp on the meaning of the word 'integritty' and know how to protect his.