DSK, can we believe this?

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Well, in my opinion, he is responsible for lady Diana's suffering, and ordeal, which ended as you know .

The person responsible for her death was Henri Paul - any other theories are fanciful and have no basis in fact. Mohamed Al - Fayed could probably reasonably also take some of the blame as he, at long distance, attempted to control events, asking for car swaps etc. You should read the book by Trevor Rees Jones. (her body guard, who survived the crash)

How long would this theory of 'she wouldn't have been there if it hadn't been for Prince Charles go on ?

How many people on this forum have had more than one marriage ? If they get run over by a bus 10 years after the divorce does anyone say 'oh, of course if her/his marriage to X had worked out they wouldn't have been in XXXXX, and would still be alive'  ? No, they don't because frankly its poppycock!

Didn't notice the French press hanging back in covering Princess Diana's visit to Paris or after her death - where were those lofty privacy laws then ?

[/quote]

I noticed that no 'journalist' (I use the term lightly) was ever picked up and arrested by the police. There are loads of things about her death one can always say 'what if this or that had never happened" but it did and she died. I have always thought personally that a photographer sitting the wrong way round on a motorbike with a massive flash, at night, in a tunnel with white walls might have contributed to the accident and of course not helped by the driver having had a drink. Perhaps if the journalists were told that they had to, under French privacy law, leave her alone it might not have happened but I guess this subject will never be 'put to bed'. It does seem however that when it comes to this privacy law there is definitely one rule for one group and a different one for another, sort of 'made to fit' law if you see what I mean.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Www][quote user="Russethouse"]Quite, though no doubt there are those who would ague that Prince Charles should have been there to make sure she was wearing it and do it up for her too, no doubt [blink][blink][/quote]

You seem to have double standards depending on the nationality of the person.........

You can't deny Prince Charles cheated on his wife and lied to the whole nation by declaring he loved her.

He really hurt his wife, so, I don't understand why you don't consider him as a bad person, since you've expressed your " standards" in the thread many times.

For instance , on page 115 , you wrote " I suspect that we see it as part of the whole person rather than differentiate between his work and private life, after all if a guy is untrustworthy in his private life, can you trust him 100% in his job ?"

Wasn't he untrustworthy to Lady Diana ? [Www]

And Charles may have loved Diana, maybe not in the way one would hope for a marriage. Who are we to say that he lied or was untruthful. I love my cat, and my kids and some of my friends, it is a very general term to cover certain emotions.

Quote:

For instance, when Pachapapa wrote , on page 108 , " read the comments by enraged froglets with basic English ... hilarious. " ; I FELT insulted

Well roll me over I cant see why you should feel insulted; if you had bothered to read the comments below the thread , many of them in french, the very basic english of the gallic contributors would have been self evident.

Post edited by the moderators.

You seem to have double standard depending on the nationality of the person.........

You can't deny Prince Charles cheated on his wife and lied to the whole nation by declaring he loved her.

He really hurt his wife, so, I don't understand why you don't consider him as a bad person, since you've expressed your " standards" in the thread many times.

For instance , on page 115 , you wrote " I suspect that we see it as part of the whole person rather than differentiate between his work and private life, after all if a guy is untrustworthy in his private life, can you trust him 100% in his job ?"  

Wasn't he untrustworthy to Lady Diana ?

Frankly, I'm certainly not Prince Charles biggest fan, (and I'm no fan of Diana at all) however there were two people in the relationship, their marriage broke down. To keep trying to blame Diana's death on him is just wooly thinking.

What ever his faults, and there are many, I'm unaware of any instances where he has been accused of  propositioning women inappropriatley or forcing them to perform sexual acts against their will - unless you know better?

If you want to compare Prince Albert and Prince Charles then go ahead, but being a member of the Royal family and being elected or representing a public body are not  the same thing.

I wonder if you would give as much tolerance to a lover, friend or neighbour as you have given to DSK ?

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Frankly, I'm certainly not Prince Charles biggest fan, (and I'm no fan of Diana at all) however there were two people in the relationship, their marriage broke down. To keep trying to blame Diana's death on him is just wooly thinking.

[/quote]

OIOIOIOI, watch it you!![:P]

I can't imagine why any woman would be too thrilled to accept that their husband frequently requires the services of prostitutes. For some perhaps they prefer that to his having an affair and developing feelings for someone. Would the daughter of a such a man, be looking for those traits in her own partner? I doubt that too.

I would imagine that DSK is feeling pretty gutted at the moment as the collapse of the court case against him, which seems fairly imminent, will deny him and his legal team their day of triumph when it is proven that all these charges were a figment of imagination.   [Www]

I suspect the comments about Prince Charles are just sour grapes with the French having murdered their own royal family. [:P] I was wondering what Prince Charles's job is other than run the Duchy of Cornwall which he does play a very active part in. The Prince of Wales and his offspring do not benefit from 'the civil list' so their income is solely from the Duchy. The more work the Price does, the more he and his son's get to spend from the duchies income although most of this is used for things like the current trip to Canada and the rest is used to help the various charities that the Prince supports. As far as I am aware these days only the Queen and the Duke get an allowance as does the royal household.

I can't however see how anyone can possibly compare Charles with DSK. Charles has no political power, will never hold any political power, is not allowed to hold any political power and as such does not seek election to any government post. He does not, and will not, represent politicaly the people of the UK, we allow politicians who seek office by a democratic process called voting to represent us just like in France.

Just like France there have been many political scandals in the UK, some involving prostitutes ('call girls' or whatever you want to call them) and most of those politicians caught have had to resign and have not sought office since. Perhaps the most famous of all the scandals was the Profumo affair and the most ridiculous was Davis Mellor namely because it was said that he had sex dressed in Chelsea F.C. kit which in turn bought on the famous phrase (created by the Sun newspaper) "Now We've All Been Screwed by the Cabinet" (or something like that). He resigned the same year as he was an embarrassment to John Major the then prime minister.

So regardless of DSK having raped or had consensual sex with a woman and denying it does, in my opinion, show a lack in moral standards, that he is a liar and that should any of the other allegations against him be proven true practices sexual harassment (which is of course illegal in the UK) and therefore totally unfit to hold any type of government office or any senior public or private company post. That is of course if he were English and we were talking about the UK but he is not and this is France, it's different in many ways. [;-)]

[quote user="Benjamin"]I would imagine that DSK is feeling pretty gutted at the moment as the collapse of the court case against him, which seems fairly imminent, will deny him and his legal team their day of triumph when it is proven that all these charges were a figment of imagination.   [Www]

[/quote]If the case is just dropped then it is not proven that the charges were a figment of imagination. It just shows that the prosecution were not confident of being able to prove the charges in court. A very different thing

[quote user="Chancer"]

Quillan.

What has he lied about?

[/quote]

At the very beginning he denied having anything to do with the chamber maid. Unfortunately his DNA was discovered on her so then he changed his story to it being a consensual sexual activity where as she claimed it as rape. This is why I have said consensual or not by denying any contact initially he clearly a lied.

[quote user="Frenchie"]Il a nié les faits qui lui étaient reprochés, that is to say he denied raping her.[/quote]

That may be how TF1 views it and apparently others as well.

The media coverage is of course paramount in a french criminal process NOT in the USA.

The only words relevant to the criminal process uttered by DSK have been NOT GUILTY.

Of course this is done specifically for each charge whether a felony or a misdemeanor

Interesting to note in this mornings edition of the Citizen that Cyrus vance will definitely not be recusing himself from the DSK case.

It is of note that the population of South Africa are privileged to enjoy objective journalism; a refreshing change if I may say so from the subjectivity of the french press.

http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/content/en/citizen/world-news?oid=208114&sn=Detail&pid=333&Prosecutor-refuses-to-leave-Strauss-Kahn-case

Although I have in an earlier post referred to the relationship of Lisa Friel and her husband, also an advocate, I think I used the expression "mole in the DAs office".

I would just like to post a qoute from this mornings Citizen Newspaper, widely read by the non-white community in south Africa.

Quote::

In his letter, Thompson also spoke of a "potential conflict of interest" by Vance's office because the head of the prosecutor's trial division is married to one of Strauss-Kahn's lawyers involved in the case, and no prosecutors had informed the accuser's team of such.

The lawyer said he first learned about that relationship in a New York Times article last month.

"We should have been told about this matter by members of your office and not by members of the press," Thompson wrote.

http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/content/en/citizen/world-news?oid=208114&sn=Detail&pid=333&Prosecutor-refuses-to-leave-Strauss-Kahn-case

P.S.  In fact the Lisa Friel relationship was first broached during an on line interview between the CNN anchor and Paul Callan on the evening following the credibility declarations by the NYC DA.

Worth remembering that Lisa Friel has a history of 20 years as a Senior Prosecutor.