Car Hire

woolybanana

That sounds far too cheap for a hire business to be viable to me taking into account their admin, servicing and replacement parts costs. Sounds more like a day price plus you pay for every km over a set limit, extra and you top up the tank full at the end. What is the deposit too and the insurance cover? Check carefully as you could get a nasty shock.

[quote user="idun"]Very very cheap, which company is it?[/quote]

Not sure if this applies to me but.......I check every possible car hire companies every time i need to rent. Depending on the time of the year, one becomes cheaper than the other and vice versa. The cheapest I had found for 8 days rental (lowest possible category) was £142 through Opodo.

A tip though......if you find out that your rental is cheaper doing 2 x 3 days compared to 6 days in a trot, contact the hire company and ask them if they could link both renatl periods as one, you will be surprised as they accept all the time, not expecting you to have to return to the airport to change car/contract.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Would £23.51 per day seem reasonable for the hire of a Ford Fiesta in France for a week, including collison waver, unlimited mileage.[/quote]

Well that would work out at £164.57 for seven days, which sounds cheap enough,without being ludicrously so.  Isn't it possible?

Angela

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="crossy67"]That's a bit cheap for a Panda though[:)][/quote]
Maybe, but the cost of bamboo is shocking, and they eat loads of it

Regards
Pickles
[/quote]

[:)][:D][:D]

I used to have a Panda and had lots of access to bamboo as friends had a wood full of it, mais, the Panda insisted on drinking expensive petrol.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday Driver wrote :If I remember correctly, the 5€ per day HyperU Panda is based on a long term contract hire agreement, not a daily/weekly rental.....

Yes it is for long hire .......Super U rate is for     ........24 months ......now thats what I call a holiday !

Nova Car Hire which family use out of La Rochelle Airport for a  reasonable rate even  want  £218 for a Fiesta for  7 days .