evicting rentor

Macsusa

Didn`t you enter into a tenancy agreement? surely it would be written down what would happen in event of none payment.

A couple accross the road from us were evicted by their landlord after not paying for 2 months, though I believe it is not as easy as that if there are children involved or during the winter months, as another of our elderly neighbours found to her cost. She had a family renting her old family home(from her childhood) they hadn`t paid anything in over 2 years ,not even the water bills. They are out now but the place is infested, her family have had to contact the equivalent of the environmental health in(someone  on here will know the propper name) to clean up the mess.

Perhaps you could ask in an Immobliers office, after all they do find tennants for properties to let.

Another message asking for detailed legal or financial advice from a newbie/first time poster, seem to have been a lot of those around lately - is this an old friend returning?

Use your agreement, go see lawyer/notaire - nobody here is qualified or insured to give you that sort of advice online. 

Dear Tony F,

Not really a request for detailed info, just looking for direction or if anyone else has had that experience.  Thx to those who gave it some thought & their advice.

Also, not a first time poster but probably not for a long while.  But I read the site always. 

macsusa

T.F.D.

I can assure you that we do have legal people who both read and give good sound advice to anyone who has the guts to come on the likes of  section of living france ,

And so what if some people are first timers as you put it?

Maybe you would be better thinking of the old Irish saying befor you give such a reply

(SAY LITTLE BUT SAY IT WISELY)

With a reply like you,ve just managed to give your pressing the wrong buttons.

Pun

A few months ago we had a newcomer who was suspected and then proved to have been writing a book about moving to France. They were also offering a paid for advice service. That is what TFd is referring to. People got a bit upset about having their brains picked so that someone could line ther own pockets.

Hello again,

I must admit I found the initial response quite off putting.  In fact, I might query why have a Legal Forum if legal queries are being told that they can't be contributed to??  It seems rather silly to not respond to queries just because someone used the forum for personal gain...if this is going to happen you might as well close it ( baby with the bath water idea).  I can assure you that this is indeed a personal query as we are deperate to get these renters out & don't want to make errors.  Just trying to educate myself with basics so we have some ideas before proceeding to next step.

Thanks to those who helped.

macsusa. 

Hi

I am reliably informed that advice will be free if you consult your local notaire - here in 56 anyway. It is a little like the free 20 minutes or so you can use to consult [some] UK solicitors. Like the UK though if you are given advice and then use the notaire , or solicitor, to follow up on the advice then you pay.

There was also a govenment body that TU used to quote ANIL www.anil.org - I think it was to help renters though I don't see why it should not work in reverse and make clear the obligations for both sides.

We rent and we were told, in clear terms, the whys and wherefores and responsibilities of both parties. So the detail should be in the rental agreement somewhere.

If legal French is a problem [it is for me!] there is a translated version of the notaire's site and lots of topics are covered - it would really surprise me if your situation wasn't there somewhere.

http://www.notaires.fr/notaires/notaires.nsf/V_TC_PUB/GBACC

Sue

Hello Macsusa,

I agree 100%

if we have a thread that deals with legal issues then why not ask, but all replys should be given in a nice way,

who gives a toss if someone is writing a book and need to have good knowledge, thats whats wrong with a lot of companies these days "they dont ask the man/woman doing the job for feed back,

your request was first class and didnt need any feed back regarding new comers,

hope you get your needed info,

regards Pun

[quote user="Pun"]

who gives a toss if someone is writing a book and need to have good knowledge, thats whats wrong with a lot of companies these days "they dont ask the man/woman doing the job for feed back,

[/quote]

I see you just joined this forum a few weeks ago and you are already inviting controversy. 

The issue referred to earlier about the person who was using this forum for commercial research occured before you were even a member.  You will therefore be unaware that this person posed a multitude of diverse queries, not only on this forum but on others.  People got fed up with wasting their time and the matter was reported to the forum administration.

When another new member arrives and posts a bald one-liner query with no background information, then people are naturally wary.

A lot of members take great care in making sure their responses to questions are properly researched and accurate.  I myself have spent literally hours studying French and English legislation and building dossiers on all manner of subjects so that when I give an answer to a question, it is 100% accurate.  There are many other regulars who do the same because they regard it as a duty of care to do so.  That's the least that any poster (new or otherwise) deserves.

Given the foregoing, your flip comment about giving a toss about the work people have done and your time worn cliche about asking the man who does the job are not going to be well received on this forum.

Hi bjsliv,

SO WHAT IF THEY,RE WRITING A BOOK AND NEED INFO, WHO CARES,

I TS NOT A CRIME , AND IF THE BOOK IS AS GOOD AS THE  "A YEAR IN PROVENCE" WE  WILL ALL GAIN FROM IT,

AND IF YOU OFFER A PAID FOR ADVICE SERVICE AND ITS WRONG ADVICE YOU CAN BE DELT WITH AS A LEGAL SITUATION IE SUED.

BUT ITS THE WAY SOME PEOPLE REPLY TO A NEW COMER THAT GETS MY GOAT, A NICE REPLY "YES" EVERY TIME,

BUT SO MANY PEOPLE HIDE BEHIND THE .P.C SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY DONT MEET FACE TO FACE,

ITS LITTLE MORE THAN W.W.W. BULLY TACTICS AND ITS NOT WANTED OR NEEDED

WOULDNT YOU AGREE?

No its not a crime, but when you get someone posting up to a dozen convoluted hypothetical cases per day, it does slightly go against the spirit of self help.

At the time it got so ridiculous that people started to post nonsense advice on the particular individuals requests.

[quote user="Pun"]

Hi bjsliv,

SO WHAT IF THEY,RE WRITING A BOOK AND NEED INFO, WHO CARES,

I TS NOT A CRIME , AND IF THE BOOK IS AS GOOD AS THE  "A YEAR IN PROVENCE" WE  WILL ALL GAIN FROM IT,

AND IF YOU OFFER A PAID FOR ADVICE SERVICE AND ITS WRONG ADVICE YOU CAN BE DELT WITH AS A LEGAL SITUATION IE SUED.

BUT ITS THE WAY SOME PEOPLE REPLY TO A NEW COMER THAT GETS MY GOAT, A NICE REPLY "YES" EVERY TIME,

BUT SO MANY PEOPLE HIDE BEHIND THE .P.C SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY DONT MEET FACE TO FACE,

ITS LITTLE MORE THAN W.W.W. BULLY TACTICS AND ITS NOT WANTED OR NEEDED

WOULDNT YOU AGREE?

[/quote]

Sunday Driver took the time to write you a courteous and friendly answer, explaining a situation about which you were unaware. I hope that the original poster now appreciates the reason why he received the answers he did and will carry on posting. Your ignorant and belligerent reply is not appreciated and is far more impolite and unhelpful than anything previously posted. Who is bullying whom?

Hi   Sundaydriver,

Many thanks for your valued reply,

I dont like anyone giving bad reply to anyone ,its not needed, and as you dont run this web nor do I , and we do have a admin dept to sort out any so called

bad user, but you cant paint every one with the same brush, its not my job or yours to start coming out with nasty sharp words to a person who just asked a question,

Let the admin sort out any so called bad user problems, if you me or anyone should feel this is a bad thread? complain to the admin,

I felt real hurt for the person just asking a simple question, and to start saying remarks about first timers, well how would  you   feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

Im not a new person to Living france by anymeans, and Im not trying to make you or anyone unhappy, but I wont standby and see this nasty reply go unheard,

regards to you and yours

Out of interest how did you find out this person was writing a book? did they come back and tell you or did you find out some other way?

If you didnt find out for real and are just guessing bear in mind it could of been some one who was just loney and put lots of questions on the thred just to have someone to chat with.

Pads

You would have had to see some of the threads that are being refered to here to understand that a lot of people, including some who've replied on this thread, gave an awful lot of time posting replies to specific questions. It's to everyone's credit and tolerance that it was quite a long time (maybe weeks) before anyone began to suspect that brains were being picked for ulterior motives.

I was going to add my agreement to Tony's reply yesterday but he's a big boy and can look after himself but as this thread goes on and on I feel it is important to give you some facts of which you may not be aware so that you can begin to ubderstand why he posted what he did. I am in complete agreement with the question he asked.

In your final sentence you refer to someone to chat with. I think that's where we may differ on how we understand the working of the forum. I look on it as a place to exchange information but with specific areas where people can engage in a bit of banter and lihghtheartedness.

Benjamin

Yes so do I and most people. but we have to remenber there are people out there who through no fault of there own.  are loney and dont get to speak to other live people on a day to day basis, and use forums like this to reach out and have some human contact and will talk about anything just to get that. and to receive hostillity just because they dont interact with people in what is classed as the normal way only makes there lives harder. I have worked with phisical and mentally handicapped who do this on a daily basis. as no one wants to visit them. 

You didnt tell me how they found out this person was writting a book