French Birds Don't Like My Nuts !!!!

Calm down Chancer this is about Birdfoodmiles.

I have read many posts about expats living in France buying their nuts (for the birds) in the UK because apparently French bird food is not that great. I guess this is the same type of person that eats fish and ships from vans in Eymet.

Anyway, so when I was in UK this summer I decided to buy some nuts for the birds. You know ones you can't get in France. OK it goes against my ethics (foodmiles) but I did it as an experiment.

So, I have created a little bird garden with bird feeders and filled them up with 'British' nuts. Even put some on a bird table.

It has been a week now and not one fecking French bird has been interested in my English nuts.

Before you say it, yes we have lots of birds in the garden. All the tits (blue, great, coal, long tailed etc), nuthatches, woodpeckers, robins, warblers...you name it we have got it. Even a heron....maybe I should leave some fish out.

So why don't French birds like my English nuts ?

Be careful what you wish for albf.

I read about an English man sunbathing nude in his UK back garden when down swooped a seagull which bit off one of his nuts and duly flew off with it! True story, found on internet news in the Summer. The local hospital A&E confirmed the story.

@ Cendrillon

You are talking bollôcks

This whole seagull thing in the UK has passed me by. I was talking to my niece not so long ago at apparently seagulls in the UK are a real problem.....and she lives in Yeovil...my lover.

What is going on with seagulls in the UK ? Last time I looked Yeovil is not by the sea !!!!

"So why don't French birds like my English nuts ?"

I can tell you are a townie -

Birds are not hungry at the moment because the weather is mild and the supply of insects that a lot of them feed on is still there.

When it gets cold, they will be around after your nuts.