Woolybanana and Richards51

Hoddy

I have had enough of trying to make sense of your on line spats which often make no sense in forum terms and appear to be a continuation of something that has been written in private messages or via email.

I imagine that everyone else is as bored by this as I am. If it continues I shall ban you both.

I'm afraid that I'm fed up with Mr/Mrs Richards51 being deliberately rude on lots of postings, I thought that wasn't allowed on this forum. By the way, Hoddy do you or anybody else read reports by members of this forum As I find it difficult to believe that nobody has complained about this rudeness.

You are right NickP Richards51 is frequently rude. I think it’s also undeniable that Wollybanana deliberately sets out to irritate him.

Reports to the forum are read by me - no-one else. See my recent appeal for someone else to help moderate the forum. Unfortunately some people report an offensive posting and expect an instant reply and, being impatient at the lack of response, start posting on a thread themselves.

The forum software does not allow the unpicking of a thread. If I delete something all the messages after it will go too thus deleting what might be useful replies to the original point.

There real problem with only having one moderator. It is unreasonable to expect 24 hour monitoring from just one person. It would be wonderful to have someone with whom it is possible to discuss the merits of various posts privately before coming to a ‘forum’ decision. As it is I have to make them all on my own and sometimes take a long time to respond at all.

[quote user="NickP"]I'm afraid that I'm fed up with Mr/Mrs Richards51 being deliberately rude on lots of postings, I thought that wasn't allowed on this forum. By the way, Hoddy do you or anybody else read reports by members of this forum As I find it difficult to believe that nobody has complained about this rudeness.[/quote]

Seconded

I don’t spend a lot of time on this forum but from what I’ve seen the problem isn’t one sided it’s definitely six of one and half a dozen of the other. I haven’t got a clue what started the problem but I know for a fact that one of them has posted in support of my comments more than once and the other, when I was a new member, was far from welcoming.

No.

The obnoxious individual on here is Richard51 and just about everybody knows that. WB (or Wolly as Hoddy prefers to call him) has of course been guilty of more than a bit of winding up over time, but there you go. It was deserved.

I just love this. The idea of WB becoming a Mod and banning R51 for ever as soon as he opens his mouth just amuses me greatly.

Who decides? Can we all vote?

Some clarification is needed I think.

I do not have the power or the technical ability to create a new moderator.

Moderators have a private forum where they can discuss things.

They do not have the ability to see pms or emails between forum members.

They can delete posts and ban members.

Wooly please accept my apologies for referring to you as Wolly. It was a typing error. As it happens I don't like being referred to as Hoody.

As someone who left the forum for a while on returning I found Richard51s comments to be rude and offensive at times.

Another post that I made about comments between two members concerned WB and Norman and if I remember correctly, it was Mint who put me right on the relationship between the two. So WBs posts could be read as being in a light-hearted way.

If I read the situation correctly, Richard51 posts irritates WB and he responds. But comments on this thread seem to indicate Richard51 does the same thing to other members and I will add my name to it. WB has been on the forum for a long time and the problem seems to have only started with Richard51 joining.

Hoddy sorry you are moderating on your own. Someone who I think would be good in the posts is Mint.

I've found some of R51's posts deliberately provocative and too personal at times. Especially on the Palestine/Israeli conflict. Which imo can't be discussed on a forum like this.
I think Wooly likes a good argument, but is never nasty.
As for who else could be a Mod, I don't envy your job, Hoddy
What happened to Russet?

I am humbled and touched by those who think I could be a good moderator.  Yikes, nobody has ever, to my knowledge, nominated me for anything!

Alas, I often struggle with even day-to-day stuff and often feel somehow fragile and uncertain.  NOT a good candidate as I'd question my own shadow, nevermind my judgment.

So thank you for your confidence and, should my health improve, I will certainly consider sharing Hoddy's burden.  In fact, I think we could share a good working relationship as I often find myself agreeing with her posts.

As to Richard he did direct many, many nasty posts my way over many months and I felt stalked and picked on and thoroughly fed up with the incessant niggling and needling.  But, hey, I'm not playing any victim card and I am a big girl now so I could give as good as I get (when I could be bothered)!  But I also noticed his doing the exact same thing to one or two others so perhaps I wasn't his sole or even most targeted person on the forum.

Don't know why he is keeping quiet at the moment.  Are we to expect a fussilade of insults sooner than we expect? 

[quote user="mint"]  ...........................................

As to Richard he did direct many, many nasty posts my way over many months and I felt stalked and picked on and thoroughly fed up with the incessant niggling and needling.
.........................[/quote]

He does seem to have the knack of picking on those less able to defend themselves.

In view of certain things which have come to light over recent years, I wonder just what was his function in the NHS.

Certainly not the sort of person I would ever want to consult.