New cartes de séjour

I applied to swap an existing CdS, on the portal's previous incarnation at the end of last year when Brexit was supposed to happen in December.

Easy peasy, just a short form to fill in and send a scan of my existing CdS. I think the current reincarnation of the portal is the same.

Since then I've had a couple of emails from the ministry of the interior reassuring me that I am in the system and I will be contacted by my prefecture one of these good days, Still waiting, but there's no rush.

Did it the first week it went live.  For both of us.  Two separate applications as expected (we have 2 different names, but one per person is required) so expected that anyway, but used my email add both times, no problen. Amazingly simple.  Some initial "where do I put this" problems, but if you'd done it wrong it would say field not filled etc .. and eventually I got two seperate acknowledgements, as expected.  I did a trial run before doing it poroperly, and could come out and go back on the same link and start again, no problem. Only had to send scan of current Cds (had prepared before hand) and details but no scan of passports (again prepared beforehand), but since we have 10yr cards I did not expect any othe information to be needed.  You do get a choice of which prefec or sous-prefec to deal with, so watch out for that as the prefec will be given first, but I chose the sous-prefec nearest to us, (dear Beziers!!!).  Not heard anything further, but I did not really expect to do so yet.

Applied last year and received an email to say that I didn’t have to apply again this time. Then received an email with a rendezvous at our sous préfecture to drop off a new photo and have my fingerprints taken. All done last Thursday in a very quiet building, visits by appointment only not a queue in sight. The next phase will be my new card arriving in the post. It really could not have been more straightforward or easier.

We didn’t have existing CdS’s, so starting from scratch, as it were.

My biggest problem was finding something to prove that we arrived here in 2004. In the end, the only thing I could use was something on my EDF account, but arguably that only proves that our a/c was opened then, and not necessarily that we were resident. They’ll say if they’re not happy, but I rather doubt that we’re likely to be viewed as imposters.

The process was excellent and trouble-free quite frankly. Hats off to the people who put it together. Once I’d done mine, Mrs G’s took barely 5 mins because so much of the content was pre-filled.

Done & dusted.

Did ours in January for first Titre de Sejour. Used Avis d'Impôts as proof of residency and Attestations from Ameli as proof of health cover.

The system was put on hold but we did have emails advising that our dossiers had been passed to our Préfecture.

We received emails end of October inviting us to appointments on 3 November.

For Dordogne it is in the Cité Administrative in Périgueux. Some have initially erroneously been called to the Préfecture but I believe that has been resolved. There are "BREXIT" notices clearly displayed pointing one to the office.

All we had to take were passports and recent photographs.

Our appointments were 5 minutes apart though we were taken together. It consisted of scanning our fingerprints and giving signatures.

They want id type photographs which can be got from the photo booths in most supermarkets. Anecdotally we understood not cut the photos out of the 4 photo sheet they come in. This may have been borne out by the fact that the interviewer had a special cutter which cut them to a precise size.

She advised us that we would receive the TdeS in about a couple of weeks depending on possible postal delays.

The whole experience was smooth and efficient and we were out before MoH's appointment time.

Hope that helps.

Exactly as Weegie has explained except for a couple of small variations.  We sent the identical documents on line as Weegie.

For the RV, OH had to produce a justificatif as well as the photos and his passport.  I had to produce my acte de naissance (see, I TOLD you I didn't look my age[;-)]) as well.

Didn't get photos from the booths.  Oh no, much too vain for that [:D]; had ours taken by a proper photographer and she measured the photos to make sure they were exactly 45 mm x 35 mm.

• 2 weeks later...
Ours came today (CdS and not Christmas boxes) and no, Wooly, no rugby players or Chippendales but one rather weedy facteur.  I am pleased as punch and would raise a glass except I have given up drinking.

But I wish bonne réception to everybody who has applied[:)]