Holiday in Greece

Joe

[quote user="Russethouse"]EEC reciprocal cover wont fly you home if you have an accident or are taken seriously ill.[/quote]I remember a poster on here last year whose wife was extremely ill but who could not get her flown back home to the UK and had to cough up out of his own money because he couldn't afford to keep coming to France any more to visit her, nor to carry on paying hospital costs (the bit not paid for by the state) ad infinitum.  I don't know what happened but I know he regreted not having travel insurance.

Last year my son went to Greece with a girl friend and hired one of those buggy things - they hit a pot hole and tipped over and were injured, but luckily were walking wounded - it could easily have been worse. My experience has been that insurance for European holidays is not  that expensive, and in my view its worth every penny for the peace of mind.

Going on holiday to Malta from France last year  we used Mondial..............mondial-assistance.fr. , then click Assurance Voyages

We didn't have to make a claim so I can't speak for their efficiency but it was all easy to do on line.

I liked them because there is also mondial-assistance .co.uk  so I was able to read up on it all in English as well , paricularly good because we are usually motorcaravanners and don't  normally do fly-holidays and don't really know much about holiday insurance.

Worth a look anyway.

Just booked Insurance for hols in Greece via Gatwick from

WORLDWIDE Travel insurance services LTD.

Cover starts at 25 pounds each.I took 35 pound cover.

We are covered for the return trip from France.Medical,hospital,baggage etc.I was asked all relevant questions over the phone and I was emailed the policy.

Is this just for the holiday or annual?

I (used) to pay around £35 for annual multitrip insurance with Flexicover who I think are underwritten by Axa.

The insurance has just run out and I got a reminder letter from them which also said that they could no longer insure non-UK residents!  This after being with them for 5 years and only making one very small claim so I'm not sure who I will try next, not that I'm in a hurry really.

Have heard good reports about 'Worldwide'

We have been insured with Citybond Suretravel for years and I think Flexicover are part of the same group so got a liitle concerned at Pierre's post. Just tried to book online for both Flexicover & Citybond with annual policy commencing 1st March and no problem for non UK resident !!!!

I just tried to get annual multi trip insurance with Flexicover.

After replying 'No' to 'Are you UK resident' I was offered the choice of Guernsey, IoM or Jersey

so how did you get past this?

It seems you can put an contact address anywhere in the world but they are insistant on being UK resident

Sorry Pierre just tried again with Flexicover and got the same choice as you when clicking 'No' to UK - can't remember seeing that drop down menu when I tried last night. Citybond Suretravel have got a lot more countries on their menu but are more expensive.