The Itchy Feet Tour

cooperlola

Hi  !! We went to see if we could find the restaurant last Sunday but was not able to do so.  We looked up their website and went to the village they listed but went all round the village and the local areas but just couldn't find it and didn't see any signs relating to it.   It was way out in the country.  Don't know where we went wrong?  So !! sorry  but we will not be joining you on this occassion after all.

les favets ( Royston )

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les Favets... perhaps you may have missed it... it really is very easy to find?  I dont know the road number from memory (greyman might) but I'll get it tomorrow and put clear directions on here so that you can find it... dont give up... I'll be back tomorrow [:$] xx

OK - we're all booked for Friday 25th March at 12:00... I can add more people later so if you still want to come it's not a problem... there is plenty of space so the more the merrier.

Directions - Obviously this will very much depend on where you are coming from so rather than try and give directions I have found the restaurant on Google Maps... I've switched to satalite view and can recognise the location so it is acurate.

Here is the link to google Auberge de la Brande - Les 4 routes

There is at the same location a small pepiniere - if you live not too far away you may recognise this place as they have a very nice plant sale every May - here is there website

Jardins De La Brande

And to save you searcing back this is the restaurant Auberge de la Brande

You'll see from the google maps link that the restaurant is on the D21, it has a small car park but across the road (visible on the google link) there is a large layby/parking area which folks use too.

If anyone needs any more information feel free to send me an email or pm... really looking forward to meeting folks next week

Rose [kiss]

EDIT - when I click the google maps link it's quite zoomed out... zoom in and it's item A (on my screen anyway) that you're looking for

[quote user="cooperlola"]The map works fine for me, Rose (not that I will need it!)[:)][/quote]

Excellent - I couldn't stand the thought of everyone wandering around between Bergerac and Perigueux cursing me and getting hungrier by the minute [:$]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Attach bananas somewhere visible about your person. Before I discovered the power of the yellow fruit, I used to identify myself at airports and the like with a pineapple. Worked a treat.[/quote]

I've got a stuffed half moon that's yellow and looks sort of banana like... if I pull it's string it plays Brahms Lulluby - should I bring this  [:D]

I love the fact that Coops is moving around the forum on her tour... so to speak [:D]

See you Friday Coops for even more nosh!

p.s. Garden Girl - you must remember that my avatar is at least 60 years older now [:D]