The Itchy Feet Tour

cooperlola

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the fat bat with the crutches, Rose, that is how you recognise me.[:)]

Safely arrived in the Bergerac to find that my friend's bloke has upped and left so I am drowning her sorrows in a nice bottle of Bordeaux Blanc.  St Emillion tomorrow if either of us is fit to drive.[Www]

The weather is so stunning that you'd have to be bonkers not to enjoy La Belle France at her best plus a succession of some of the greatest hospitality on offer.  Where else but the forum, wot?  Thanks to the Wooly fruit and Mr and Mrs Bugs for three great nights so far.  If anybody wants a good B&B in the Vendee, then the banana and I can well recommend one; what an entertaining evening we had with M. et Mme Chauvin.  Lovely spot too.

I'll try to download some of the pics of my tour over the next couple of days.

Hic.[B] 

Wooly - we all said it was a shame you never made the drive south to join us for lunch!

Coops - it was so lovely to meet you, my son is now a great fan of yours!!  I hope the rest of your tour continues to be fun and also hope we get to meet again in the not so distant future

[kiss]

Coops, why don't you make it a yearly "event"?  I mean yearly at the very least.  Last Friday in March (or whatever date you decide) so that people can keep the date free and make plans to travel, combine it with a holiday, etc.

Sweets, I am still with my friend in the Gironde and move on to the Lot in the middle of next week (exactly which day will depend upon how I feel) but the final forum meet is in the Lot on Thursday with the Icenis.  I still don't know if I will end up in Marseille for the race or not as my accommodation has fallen through  - my BiL has to work so I cannot stay with him so I may go North afterwards instead.

Nice to have all the options open!

Thanks for an very enjoyable lunchtime on Friday. It was good to be able to put faces to names. The only downside was being in the company of retired people still, we are working on that.

Great restaurant Rose - still cannot comprehend how some people could not find it - I presume everyone has left who came back to your place!

Let's hope there is another 'do'.

Paul

PS to the person who commented that 'I do not post very much' just wait until I am retired and work does not get in the way of pleasure.

Hope you and Mrs T had a good journey back.

Not finding the restaurant....what, don't you know that "getting lost" is something of an art form with me?[:P]  Normally, I give myself lots of extra time but it wasn't so easy with OH insisting, in his "I know best" man's way that he'd find it no problem.

BTW, have you and Mrs T ever paid the old quarter of Bergerac a visit?  It looked enchanting last Friday when we called on the way back and I even managed to spend some of those high-exchange rate euros in a shop [:D]

Until the next "do" then.......

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Hope you and Mrs T had a good journey back.

Not finding the restaurant....what, don't you know that "getting lost" is something of an art form with me?[:P]  Normally, I give myself lots of extra time but it wasn't so easy with OH insisting, in his "I know best" man's way that he'd find it no problem.

BTW, have you and Mrs T ever paid the old quarter of Bergerac a visit?  It looked enchanting last Friday when we called on the way back and I even managed to spend some of those high-exchange rate euros in a shop [:D]

Until the next "do" then.......

[/quote]

We had a very good journey back. Not knowing how long our dog has (hoping she will make the trip with us at the end of May) we visited one of her favourite aires between Brive and Limoges - it has two lakes and loves to wander around the one you can.

And oh to explore. We saw what looked like lots of interesting places when we were looking for property but sadly we were normally rushing from one immo to another. Our retirement plans include touring around and visiting all sorts of places - afraid folks it will be towing a plastic shed behind the car. I will put Bergerac on the list.

The other nice thing would be to slowly meander down to our house exploring on the way instead of going via the Autoroutes so that we get to the house as quickly as possible.

Paul - so glad you had a good rest of your journey... it was fantastic that you managed to time the lunch as part of your very long trip! 

I'm feeling very lucky today as I left my handbag behind on Friday... or at least I really hoped I had.  I realised it was missing on Saturday evening as we were going out... anyway I retrieved the bag today and it was complete with purse, diary, camera and carte vital... all present and correct... phew!

(I'm also feeling lucky as we went to our village Chasse 'do' on Saturday evening and I managed to drink for the first time in years and years... got rather drunk for the first time in about 13 years... and I had no hangover yesterday... So if good luck runs in threes I reckon I need to buy a lottery ticket [:D] )

Definitely lucky, Rose!

We arrived home late last night after our lovely weekend in Bergerac. The highlight had to be that lovely lunch - an amazing bargain, and a very pleasant occasion! It was lovely to meet everybody; we chatted through a 3-hour lunch, and another 3 hours back at Rose's ranch! She makes wonderful carrot cake too!  [:D] 

Hope Coops' Itchy Feet Tour continues well.

Loved it! [:D] It's such a beautiful area, so much more soft and gentle than where we are. And I've never seen so many cowslips in my life; driving around bends wherever we went and seeing thousands of them will stay with me for a long time - absolutely lovely!

I can't remember the last time I saw cowslips in England, and even primroses aren't often seen these days, certainly in countryside around our area of the south-east. We have primroses growing wild in our garden there and in the woods behind us - ancient woodland, so they are unlikely to be lost.