The Itchy Feet Tour

cooperlola

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="just john "]Fine by me, (don't recommend eating in the airport though!)[:D][/quote]

John... I just need to forewarn you that I dont look like my avatar in real life [:D]
[/quote]

I think we may have had this conversation before when exchanging wedding photos[:)] (on the forum[Www]) just leave me to my own little fantasy world before Wooly comes along and sweeps her away[6]

My plan at the moment is to have one meet in the Vendee, one in Bergerac, and one in the Lot.  These may be bigger gets-together (Bergerac) or a nice lunch somewhere with half a dozen members only.

I'm just finalising the route and dates and then I'll give everybody some alternatives and you can all decide when it's best for you and where is best.

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="just john "]Fine by me, (don't recommend eating in the airport though!)[:D][/quote]

John... I just need to forewarn you that I dont look like my avatar in real life [:D]
[/quote]

Don't worry Rose, I don't think any of us look like your avatar.

Other John

[quote user="Patf"]I would have loved to have offered hospitality etc but we are too far south - maybe next time though?
Wishing you well with your tour - Pat.
[/quote]Yes, sorry there's no way I'll make it down there this time.  But I'm determined to see more of France now if I can.

My o/h is already trying to persuade me to carry on to Marseille for the race.....

[quote user="cooperlola"]

My plan at the moment is to have one meet in the Vendee, one in Bergerac, and one in the Lot.  These may be bigger gets-together (Bergerac) or a nice lunch somewhere with half a dozen members only.

I'm just finalising the route and dates and then I'll give everybody some alternatives and you can all decide when it's best for you and where is best.

[/quote]

Yippee

John

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Coops - we're ok for Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th for a Bergerac/Dordogne meeting :)

There are loads of restaurants in and around Bergerac... I guess it depends on folks budget and tastes? Also, do folks want to meet/eat in Bergerac or perfer to meet outside somewhere?  So many options... There is a nice restaurant at La Brande (20 minutes north of Bergerac) they do a nice 12 euro menu and it's quite large... I've not been during the day but I think they're open? 

Not sure this helps but it's narrowed down dates? [:D]

Where is everyone?  Roll-up Roll-up... do we want to meet during the day or at night?  Is friday lunchtime a good day for everyone?

Where are all the 24's hiding :)

xx

p.s. apart from the two lovely people who have already replied [:$]

Lunch would be better for me, Rose, cos I don't think I know the roads around here well enough yet to find my way home in the dark!

I shall speak to JJ and britgirl next week.  They do not have access to the Forum at the moment unless they go to an internet cafe and see this thread.

I think Friday lunchtime would be good... but of course depends on coops and everyone else :) 

Sorry if I seemed to be bossy - was just trying to encourage a few more to join in [:$]

p.s. wish me luck... I have my review tomorrow to see if the prayers have been answered and my treatment worked [kiss]

I don't think it's bossy Rose - at least you've got a good idea which is more than I had!

Friday lunchtime is fine by me, as is the place on your link but I don't think that would suit GG as she is due in Marseille the day before so it could be a bit of a rush.  GG is Saturday even a possibility for you and the o/h because if not then maybe better to stick to the Friday?  I should be in the Lot the following week so that might be better for you?

Votes please![:D]