Where are the farmers blocking the roads tomorrow?

Doodle

I have to get my mother to the airport at Pleurtuit tomorrow (23rd). Leaving from near Lassay Les Chateaux. I will leave early morning just in case we get stuck somewhere (have to be at the airport for 3:30pm) Anyone know what roads are due to be blocked by the farmers on route to the airport? Or if someone can point me in the direction of a site on the internet for info I would be grateful. I will take the scenic route for most of the journey in the hope of missing out the main blockades. I don't have satnav! I use the good old map book!

Mrs KG

Tonight on our way back from watching the 8pm ceremony at Ypres we arrived just north of ST Pol sur Ternoise to find that the farmers had blocked the roundabout with their tractors and trailers, ready to unload their tyres muck etc.

Suey

This is a good site

http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/maintenant,langen.html

You click on a problem symbol in the area you are interested in, click again to reveal the problem there, click again to get the exact details of the hold-up, delay, blockage or whatever.

Sue

Edit : Now, hopefully, clickable

Edit 2 : Apparently not, though it is showing as such on the preview. Damn software.

Edit 3 : The link is clickable, though it doesn't look as though it is on the page.

[quote user="Lehaut"]Thanks for the link We could not get on the A84 near Avranches yesterday due to the blockades. [/quote]

Delighted to hear it helped. We have friends returning to the UK today via Cherbourg, having swapped their sailing from Caen due to the blockages.

Sue

[quote user="Frederick"]Are there any other countries tourists will find the roads blocked against their travel in order to disrupt their long awaited summer holidays this year ?

Or is it only the French who are demonstrating how nasty they can be ?[/quote]

Well it looks like the "Poor" farmers have won as they are getting loads of wonga in exchange for piles of 5hit and burning tyres. Typical French politics, it's as corrupt as African politics, oh hang on where were lots of the French colonies ? silly me.

I was in Perigueux today and when leaving Leclerc the farmers had all the roads blocked and I couldn't leave!

I got lucky, I asked a couple of fellows standing outside on the road that as it turned out were working at KFC what was going on. They suggested I drive up behind the complex where there is a building on a hill up a dirt road, I did this and was able to exit in the end after moving some barriers. If I hadn't of spoken to them perhaps I would still be there!

They will surely not get the public on their side with these sorts of antics. Feel really bad for those that ended up being stuck there.

It does appear terrorism works in France!

Just wanted to thank you all for your info. I did use bison fute as suggested and of course my map book setting off very early. Journey took 3+ hours instead of two but we saw hardly any traffic and had a very pleasant journey using all the 'D' roads. We even had time to have a pizza in Pleurtuit, & a very quick visit to St Lunaire for some lovely sea air before putting her on the plane! Came home via the usual route and all was as normal.

Mrs KG