Meat Free Monday

Nice one Q!![:D][:)][:D] Couch potatoe [:-))]

I think that I will opt out of this thread now becauce it seems to be turning into an 'attac a natural eater' session by certain aggressive veggies!

I have said this very recently, but it is the same sort of situation and it wasn't answered before?

It is for the veggies who are attacking us meat eaters because I know some lovel non-meat eaters, my sis-in-law for one.

Are you Jehovers Witnesses as well as aggressive veggies?

Dog, as a matter of interest it was much more than a  mere snack and it was delicious!![:)]

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland sausage John! Sounds nice, as does the rest!!

Out butcher does a wonderful paté du cepe (can't get the correct accent there?) with large lumps of foie-gras in it and it is about the best we have had!

Yum miam (I think that satisfies both camps Frenchie [kiss]?)

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Out butcher does a wonderful paté du cepe (can't get the correct accent there?) with large lumps of foie-gras in it and it is about the best we have had!

Yum miam (I think that satisfies both camps Frenchie [kiss]?)

[/quote]

With or without accent that paté de cèpes sounds yummy miamy  [:D]

Hey Dog, you like a good conspiracy topped with a bit of Freemasonry. We have this morning said goodbye to an Anglo British/Australian film crew and production team who have been working on Rennes le Chateau and the link with Mary Magdalene. In particular they have discovered new evidence and have been present at the investigation by French and English archaeology professors of the body shown in the film Bloodline. Interviewed a very, very senior mason about a character in the film (who says he is something he is not) although its only a small part. The Documentary will be shown early next year on UK TV and will completely destroy, so they say, the myth. They claim its the biggest hoax since The Hitler Diaries. Not my cup of tea as they say but if you are a conspiracy theorist it would be quite interesting I would have thought.

What makes you think I enjoy the conspiracy of Freemasonry?

I have never read that silly book linking Jesus to European places - it is all in Hindu scripture that Jesus ended his days in India.

What degree is this very very very senior Mason - btw I am reading about Norse Mythology at the moment and wondering if that is where the Masons learned to Ride the Goat. If it is they should be ashamed at the very least.

You do read some rubbish don't you. Even I have not heard of that phrase and had to look it up although there is not much on the subject other than to say its not in English masonry but it is something, from what I have read, to do with the Orange Order and some strange group not recognised by Grand Lodge based in the US.

The guy interviewed was the Pro Grand Master but only in the context of categorically denying that a person in the film was ever a mason let alone a senior one. Likewise the person is not part of  the Priory of Sion. This issue is only about 2% of the documentary which is nothing to do where Jesus died so you don't know what I am talking about so perhaps we will leave it at that although it is an interesting conspiracy.

I am shocked that a devotee of such a modern esoteric invention as Masonry with all it's satanic overtones can dismiss Norse Mythology which has a longer and more interesting history .

If  Masons don't use Goats why are they part of the symbology of the brotherhood and are found discarded outside lodges?

Me thinks you enjoy conspiracy - perhaps that's why you got sucked into the dark world of Freemasonry.

Gentlemen, can I suggest that if you want a thread on Freemasons that you start one and finish the hijack of this one?

I do believe that this one has died the death now and should be put to rest in peace?

I must admit though that even though I am not a Freemason, though my father was, I do like goat. Much more tasty that mutton in my opinion.

Me too, I have seen caged and quartered skinned dog joints for sale in China (Guangdong), One restaurant even explained (in flawless english) why the dogs are beaten to death ''so that the energy is in the meat, it is very warming in the winter'' they went on to offer a trilogy of meats for the banquet, Snake to represent the serpent, Chicken to represent the dragon, and Cat to represent the tiger. I was obliged by my hosts to partake but could only eat the first two. (the snake (Corn) was not that tasty, I wouldn't bother again[:)])

That is a subject I just can't get off my mind lately.  How can that be possibly going on?  I don't know if they are all "lucky enough" to be beaten to death as so many are skinned alive.

Last night on Channel 8 a programme called Enquête, I missed the beginning, they were showing the cat fur trade in Switzerland.  The Swiss with their cat fur and their Saint Bernard for meat in China!  Many domestic cats are being stolen for this and we should all be aware of it.  Cats are disappearing in France and they were saying that Swiss cars had been seen on some occasions.

http://cat-chitchat.pictures-of-cats.org/2008/04/swiss-cat-fur.html

They showed cats in China being hooked out of one of those big cage things, a close up of the expression of terror on one cat's face I shall never forget.

For me its not a problem what people eat, as the saying goes (I think) one mans meat is another mans poison. So the Chinese eat dog, obviously not all dog, they draw the line at some [;-)] . I can understand people even eating a cat although personally I wouldn't eat either especially as I have both animals as pets. I guess its all a matter of 'conditioning' as to what we eat and lets be honest we have a plentiful supply of the 'main stream' meats that there is no need to eat such animals.

What really annoys and sickens me is the method in which these animals meet their end. Personally I would be more inclined to pressure the governments in these countries to pass laws on the human dispatching of animals rather than the banning of eating them. I would go as far as suggesting that those groups that are actively trying to stop people eating dogs and cats would have more luck initially in getting the law changed about the method of killing than getting the whole practice banned, one step at a time.

As for fur, be it cat, mink or whatever I can't see any real reason for it anymore. People wore skins years ago to keep themselves warm. Technology has provided much better material and at cheap prices with no suffering to anyone. On the other side of the coin I don't like the extreme animal activists especially after seeing at first hand the devastating effect on wildlife the releasing to the wild of mink caused in the UK several years ago. The people who did this are equally as, if not more, criminal and irresponsible than those that wear the stuff. For me the answer is simple, ban by law both mink and fur.

I have both a 't' shirt and a sweat shirt that I think you would like Q and Christine. They are black with gold. The gold has a picture of a leapord laying down and the words above read "Fur coats are worn by beautiful animals" and below "And ugly people!

I remember walking round a supermarket in Ealing with the sweat shirt on and constantly meeting a woman with a very expensive fur coat on. Each time she saw me she rushed past looking very red!

I have a lovely sheep skin bomber type jacket and for all I know I could have eaten the lamb that wore it before me. This I can go along with because it is a part of the whole thing about breeding for eating and anyone who complains about it and is wearing leather shoes or has anything leather also has two very different levels of morals me thinks?

different times ...

what on earth can I do with my grandmothers mink coat? Any good ideas. Don't ask me to wear it - please... despite living in the siberian Jura. And anyway she was a socialite about size 0, and I am a plump peasant!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

I have a lovely sheep skin bomber type jacket and for all I know I could have eaten the lamb that wore it before me. This I can go along with because it is a part of the whole thing about breeding for eating and anyone who complains about it and is wearing leather shoes or has anything leather also has two very different levels of morals me thinks?

[/quote]

You pinched my words!!!! That's what I was going to say. Mind you I also object to cows reared specifically to produce unmarked skins for high end limousines and sports cars (no names but you can guess). Sheep skin, by product of eating sheep, ordinary leather settees and shoes from beef produced for eating, no problem . Mink produced just for their fur, I now have a problem. Don't much care for people killing baby seals either except Eskimos who also eat the meat.

Has anybody ever shown that religious diets - don't eat this, that, t'other on whatever days - are beneficial to health? Didn't think so.

Maybe the dinosaurs and other reptiles went extinct at the C/T boundary because of all the methane they produced. Just as valid an argument as the modern bovine excuse. But the planet recovered and likely always will.

Meat free Mondays and the like is to salve unthinking consciences.