A Place to Call Home...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a love seat Mrs Animal!

I have had many adventures in that seat, I remember one night sitting outside with the lovely Josephine. We were sipping Cote de Brouilly looking up at the star filled sky above the little wooden house, it was like a black velvet blanket covered in glistening sequins. There was tranquility all around us, not a sound except for the sound of the shimmering white light reflected from the stars in her beautiful brown eyes. I could hear the star light falling into her eyes as I looked at this vision that cannot be described in words, there are no words to describe what I saw at that moment! As I gazed upon her crimson lips, they moved towards my own and then she screamed a horrific scream! a bat landed on her head and ruined a beautiful night.

It is a gorgeous day here in Upper Beagle, and me and the one are going to skip all the way to Mass this morning! It is one of those days that you just can't stop yourself from skipping about all over the place!   [kiss]

I'm not very technical, and putting a picture on the forum is very advanced stuff for me!! Wondered if it was something I had or hadn't done during posting. Hadn't noticed before as I haven't been on for a couple of days. Oh well, I'll sit tight and see if it reappears.

Having unlimited powers sometimes leads to dependency among lesser peoples. I try to use them wisely, mainly to ban cheeky people...[:P]

Liz, if  the picture is stored on your computer, I understand it appears in your message as you type it, but then doesn't appear when you post it.

Could that be the problem, or did you see the picture appear in your post?

[quote user="Tresco"]

Having unlimited powers sometimes leads to dependency among lesser peoples. I try to use them wisely, mainly to ban cheeky people...[:P]

Liz, if  the picture is stored on your computer, I understand it appears in your message as you type it, but then doesn't appear when you post it.

Could that be the problem, or did you see the picture appear in your post?

[/quote][:D][:D][:D]

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favorite places in our house. We have our breakfast and lunch here in our lounge. We can sit and watch the wild life in the garden while we munch. Lovely..... This lunch time I had to remove some of my apparel 'cause it was too hot. 0 deg C outside!!! [:-))]

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Myfavoriteplace.jpg[/IMG]

We love it. Just the other side of the hedge is the pool with the summer kitchen on the right.

The house is designed so that the sun shines right into the rooms in the winter, but doesn't in the summer. Our bedroom window is the same idea but a bit smaller, only 4 meters wide! On a sunny day a few daze ago the room temp was 28C. It keep the who;e house warmer so the underfloor heating doesn't have to work so hard... It is our dream...

[quote user="WJT"]Very pretty Jonzjob. This must be where you took the photo of the cute red squirrel that was trying to get your attention. I hope he is keeping warm as well [:)][/quote]

The very same WJ. We hope that they are keeping warm too. It's -3.4C out there at the moment and dropping!!

Spring is just around the corner and we will then see all the lovely orchids in the garden. Not at all what we had expected, but all the more appreciated! We used to see orchids on the commons above Stroud, but never dreamed that we would have so many here.

Total magical dream [:D]...

[quote user="WJT"]

Me too Ali  looking forward to seeing your new house.

Jonzob, how lucky you are to have orchids in your garden, it sounds wonderful. I hope to see photos of those in spring as well [:)].

[/quote]

Have a look at the bottom of this thread http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/840893/ShowPost.aspx . They are both orchids. The top pikky is an Autumn ladies tresses, obviously appears late in the year. The lower is a yellow ophrys. That appears in the spring and we have dozens of them each year. The ladies tresses flowers are only about 1/8th of an inch across and it isn't ice on them, it's just how they are and they grow in a delightful spiral all up the stem.

I'll post more photos when they arrive.

Very pretty Lori, by the way you are in my favoured area of France, I do love the Vaulcuse.

Jonzob, how wonderful, I didn't realise orchids grow wild in France, I pay about £15.00 for one in the UK [blink]. I do wish we had them growing around here, they look beautiful.