Women on this forum.

Chris Head

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gluey, I'm at a loss to see how this 'experience' was 'awful'.

Your friend (the lady who died) had the great good fortune to have friends.

One of them you 'knew'.

She supported your friend and her husband at a time when you can't see many 'friends' for dust (i.e. during serious/terminal illness), and all you can think about is her appearance and the fact that she had found happiness with a person of the same sex??

I would thank my lucky stars for such a friend, and I bet both your friends did too.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

I'll take my ladies dressed in satins, silk and lace, smelling of the wondrous products of Grasse, and leave the somewhat strange muscle bound welders to others of an obviously more contemporaneous and apparently discerning mien!

[/quote]

I wouldn't mind flouncing around all day like the girl out of the Flake advert as long as my man does the bloke out of the Milk Tray advert[:)]

BTW - I haven't got a tattoo but I do call everyone babe or chèri and I wasn't aware that this was considered a butch thing.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Gluey, I'm at a loss to see how this 'experience' was 'awful'.

Your friend (the lady who died) had the great good fortune to have friends.

One of them you 'knew'.

She supported your friend and her husband at a time when you can't see many 'friends' for dust (i.e. during serious/terminal illness), and all you can think about is her appearance and the fact that she had found happiness with a person of the same sex??

I would thank my lucky stars for such a friend, and I bet both your friends did too.

[/quote]

The thing I found rather strange, Tres, was how Ms X took so long discovering her true sexuality. perhaps I also ought to have mentioned my dancing with her in her "Straight" phase at another one of the gang's housewarming parties; and my memories of her - uninvited - groping my posterior and (smug, smug) complimenting on how muscular and taut it was!

After three kids, two husbands and one imagines an active hetro life, the Damascene conversion could only, for me, be perceived as a lifestyle choice and not one driven by an imbalance of hormones and any genetic malfunction.

The good friend of my terminally ill friend, btw was the female half who seeemed relatively normal: well, apart from her grown up children that is!

It's a funny old World..................[;-)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="Gluestick"]

I'll take my ladies dressed in satins, silk and lace, smelling of the wondrous products of Grasse, and leave the somewhat strange muscle bound welders to others of an obviously more contemporaneous and apparently discerning mien!

[/quote]

I wouldn't mind flouncing around all day like the girl out of the Flake advert as long as my man does the bloke out of the Milk Tray advert[:)]

BTW - I haven't got a tattoo but I do call everyone babe or chèri and I wasn't aware that this was considered a butch thing.

[/quote]

Up to you to train your OH Twinks!

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"][quote user="TWINKLE"]

[quote user="Tresco"]Show him your Tats, Twinks.[:D][;-)][/quote]

Do you mean the one with the tattoo?[:-))]

[/quote]

Is it a piccy of a naked man??
[/quote]Where, where?  Have I missed something interesting?

Gluey,

It's quite a jump from an 'awful experience' to a set of circumstances you 'found rather strange'.

There are plenty of stranger things in life than what you have described. I don't know whether it's your ego that has been hurt, but personally I find it odder that someone was grabbing your bum when they were with someone else, regardless of that persons (their partners) gender, than anything else you have chosen to tell us.

All I can suggest is that you try to consider stopping thinking about it in terms of 'lifestyle' and start thinking about it in terms of 'life' instead.

Because that's what it is.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Gluey,

It's quite a jump from an 'awful experience' to a set of circumstances you 'found rather strange'.

There are plenty of stranger things in life than what you have described. I don't know whether it's your ego that has been hurt, but personally I find it odder that someone was grabbing your bum when they were with someone else, regardless of that persons (their partners) gender, than anything else you have chosen to tell us.

All I can suggest is that you try to consider stopping thinking about it in terms of 'lifestyle' and start thinking about it in terms of 'life' instead.

Because that's what it is.

[/quote]

Thanks, for the continuing response Tres: interesting subject matter and informative how different people enjoy disprate perspectives on all this.

My ego was and is quite intact, actually. Well, it was the last time I took it out of the box and polished it with brasso! never know these days as my dotage creeps up on me ever faster. Tempus Fugit, ah me.

Personally, I can't see or rationalise quite how a person could follow an average (let's use this descriptor rather than normal!) hetrosexual lifestyle: and suddenly after giving birth to three children, "Realise" that in fact they are "Gay": (An abuse of the English language I hate since it has sequestrated a word commonly used to denote happy, light, cheerful, nice etc..........).

The bum groping I offered as an illustration of Ms X's overt demonstration of an apparent hetrosexual drive: nothing else.

Strange........................

Obviously Gluey, I do not know the woman in question, nor do I know what it is like to be gay - it was always obvious to me since the time when I began to notice such things, that I fancied men, not women.

However, what I do know from gay friends (some of whom did not come out until they were quite old) that there are (and certainly were years ago) huge social pressures to be straight, quite often to the extent that some gays did not even understand the feelings they had for people of the same sex.  As such, they married and had children simply because that was what was expected of them and what seemed to be the only option open to them. So it was not until these subjects were being discussed in public (can you imagine an exchange like this taking place amongst our parents' generation in such a relatively public place, for instance) that they realised what and who they were, and felt able to act upon their true feelings.  It is rarely that people change from gay to straight, it is simply that they suddenly seem able to admit their inner feelings.

[quote user="Gluestick"]How, in these permissive and liberal times can a person be Bi-Sexual?

Is it because like Mrs G when looking for a new pair of shoes, she has trouble making up her mind? [:D][/quote]

No, they have made up their mind that they enjoy sex with either men or women.

So, the only yardstick is whether or no one enjoys something then Tres?

Snorting cocaine? Sex with animals? Many would state they indeed do enjoy various arcane practices.

My problem with this is that a few years ago there was a genuine political movement in Holland to lower the age of consent to ten or so...................................some advocates of this concept stated that they indeed enjoyed sex with ten year olds.

Additionally, there was a group in London called something like the English Society of Paedophiles, waving placards outside some building or other and suggesting that sex with very young kids should be legalised.

My main surprise was that they were not tarred and feathered; immediately! Or hung by the tender bits from something high like Nelson's Column!

I am agog for your rejoinder, Tres! [blink]

It's quite siimple really.

Sex betwen two consenting adults is not comparable to/with child sexual abuse, or abuse of animals, and if you are suggesting that I would have a word to say in support of either crime, then I'm flabberghasted.

I think Chris H, who started it all (where have I heard that before?[:D]) meant women in this section, rather than forum.

You are right though Jonz.

But still, what if moving it confuses Gluestick?  I'm awaiting his response.

No problem to me if this thread is moved, Tres. If it makes Jonz happy, well that's good.

Even if he is only one happy bunny amongst millions too..................[:P]

Moving back to the point, Tres, you wrote,

"No, they have made up their mind that they enjoy sex with either men or women."

I have underlined the bits I felt important.

I would not for one moment suggest that you would advocate such practices, Tres: what I was alluding to, however, was that if the yardstick for acceptability is taken as your definition  - above -  (which I must say I personally don't accept at all in terms of how social mores can be or should be defined), then ever more numbers of strange people will persuade the majority that "their" desires are "normal" and quite acceptable on the simple premise that they themselves enjoy them!

After all, I did say it was a philosophical question seeking philosophical answers!