Safety boots

Meg

Anyone know a good online supplier of decent safety/work boots in France? Looking for really good quality, heat resistant sole, steel toed and in ladies sizes, oh and lightweight!

My current pair have lasted me about 6 years with a lot of constant use, and are finally giving up. [:(]

If you have one nearby, Pole Vert have a good Italian made workboot called 'Acrotec Sheffield' (No joke!) at about 20 - 25 euros a pair. very well made and a bargain.

Definitely not online but at least you try them on!

Danny

I've never found a ladies steel toe-cap, but have to say I'm very happy with my ancient ones bought from Rural Expert!

I've tried to replace them three times (the puppies ate the tongue), but each time I go back to them as they are more confortable!

I can't find any ladies chainsaw trousers either :(

Meg are you dead set on steel toe caps?  Can I recommend stretching your budget a bit and go for Kevlar toe caps?  They really are so much lighter........[:D]

Downside is 70-100 Eur for a pair......for me though they are worth it because it means I don't have to take them off every time I pass through airport security.

are kevlar toe-caps as rigid?

My steelies are my day-to-day uniform these days. I can use the chainsaw, do DIY, throw logs about, and when the horse steps on my feet I don't notice :)

For most uses steelies are there "just in case", however the only time (apart from me dropping things!) I've been really really glad of them is when some pony stamps on my feet and I only realise when I can't move!

I have never been able to find goretex safety shoes though, that would be nice.

Where I work it has been tipping it down for 8 of the last 10 days and nights.  When it is like that (2 or 3 times a year) I tend to forego safety in favour of keeping dry.  Hence this week I am running around the apron in my Salomon goretex mountain boots!

If you go to Ebay UK and look up item 260229874113 they may have what you want. I use the boot shown in the second picture. Although steel capped, they are extremely light and comfortable. Driving in them is a pleasure because of small footprint size and rounded edges. The sole also absorbes a lot of shock due to the tread pattern.

The brand name varies. Mine are called "Groundwork" but they are the same boot.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]

[quote user="Just Katie"]I wish designers would think of female steelie wearers.  I have searched and searched for a more elegant design than my current pair of riggers.  No chance [:(][/quote]

Katie,

Would something like this suit you?

http://www.theindustrialsuperstore.com/acatalog/Totector.html

[/quote]

Thanks Abert, but they are still a bit 'clobby' do you think?  I made the word 'clobby' up.  It is quite fitting isnt it?

I have looked at steelies on gothic websites where you can get them with a small heel and they are knee high but I wonder if they actually comply with health and safety.

Thanks for this thread as it has brightened up an otherwise dreary day for me, even though the sun is shining.

A few lunchtime beers and now the vision of "Living France Ladies" wearing rigger boots, frayed cut-off denim shorts and lumberjack tartan shirts.[Www]

[quote user="trevoraki"]If you go to Ebay UK and look up item 260229874113 they may have what you want. I use the boot shown in the second picture. Although steel capped, they are extremely light and comfortable. Driving in them is a pleasure because of small footprint size and rounded edges. The sole also absorbes a lot of shock due to the tread pattern.

The brand name varies. Mine are called "Groundwork" but they are the same boot.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info, but steel caps are just a non starter for me.  I have to pass through airport security 3 or 4 times a day.  They always make you take off your shoes if they bleep, and walk through everybody elses dirt on the floor in just your socks.

[quote user="Weedon"]

Thanks for this thread as it has brightened up an otherwise dreary day for me, even though the sun is shining.

A few lunchtime beers and now the vision of "Living France Ladies" wearing rigger boots, frayed cut-off denim shorts and lumberjack tartan shirts.[Www]

[/quote]

You've been looking at too many screw fix catalogues............that's your trouble!![Www]