Masonic Lodges

WendyG

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

[quote user="Swissie"][quote user="pachapapa"]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9oxly_jahbulon-et-les-franc-macons_tech[/quote]

Thanks for that link ppp - takes me back 35 years and explains a few things I never understood before.[/quote]

Incorrect, with respect: provides a mixture of 1% fact with 99% warped opinion founded in absolute ignorance and has about as much to do with factual history and reality as one of Dan Brown's kiddie's books.

Now, as I have suggested previously, if you want a conspiracy theory to cling onto, then research and study the secretive organisation Common Purpose: and the "Investigative" blather of Brian Gerrish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2CT1hqBvr4

Also See Here:

In idle moments I've enjoyed this thread, it's been quite revealing.

It beats me why any sensible woman would want to join an organisation to dress up and perform ceremonies - but then I can't stand amdram either!

[quote user="Quillan"]He seems to have a few links with BNP I noticed.[/quote]

A rather strange man I fear, Q.

That said, there is cause for us to be aware of such secretive organisations as Common Purpose and its behind-the-scenes power plays, IMHO.

[quote user="Dog"]

Sorry Pachappa I cannot do that link on dial up

[/quote]

OK it wont stream on Dial-Up. But if you download and install Miro, you can then download from the DailyMotion site directly to your hard disk; then watch it at your leisure. Miro is free.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahbulon

[/quote]

Notice a Mason didn't reply and RH you should know better than use wiki - that was probably all written and edited by Masons. The bul in the centre of Jahbulon is a corruption of Baal - not properly described in wiki probably because he's the devil.

I did laugh in a later thread to see The Fortean Times. Those women look serious witches in the FT picture.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

Thus one is compelled to assume, Polly, you are an anti-monarchist, are wholly against women serving in the military and didn't take kindly to Brownies and Guides?

[:D]

[/quote]

I'm not quite sure how you got there (or, rather, felt compelled to get there), with or without a smilie!

[quote user="Dog"]

The bul in the centre of Jahbulon is a corruption of Baal - not properly described in wiki probably because he's the devil.

[/quote]

I have no time for Masonic rituals, Dan Brown or conspiracy theories. But I have to disagree with Dog's somewhat simplistic view of Ball/Ba'al/Bel, although some sources describe him as one of the 'princes of the Hell'. As a denizen of the underworld, Ba'al was thought in ancient times to be responsible for storms, and from that he became known as the God of rain, and hence a God of fertility - a far cry from 'the devil'. Some Jewish sects worshipped Yahweh as the God of 'good things' and Ba'al as the God of crisis, which may be where Dog is coming from. The name was often used in much more general terms (c.f. 'Lord') rather than referring to one individual God.

See here for the orthodox Jewish view.

Baal was often confused with Beelzebub, particularly as a result of early Christian and Puritan teaching which demonised many of the ancient Gods.

[quote user="Polly"][quote user="Gluestick"]

Thus one is compelled to assume, Polly, you are an anti-monarchist, are wholly against women serving in the military and didn't take kindly to Brownies and Guides?

[:D]

[/quote]

I'm not quite sure how you got there (or, rather, felt compelled to get there), with or without a smilie!
[/quote]

'Cos you said, Polly:

[quote]It beats me why any sensible woman would want to join an organisation to dress up and perform ceremonies - but then I can't stand amdram either!

[/quote]

And HM The Queen is part of a rigid and strict organisation, dresses up and performs quaint archaic ceremonies: as do soldiers, sailors and airmen; Brownies, Girl Guides and Scouts.

And loads of others: including Livery Companies, Freeman of Cities: mayors; Town Cryers; Morris Dancers; archaic functioneries in the Palace of Westminster and so on.

All part of Britain's rich cultural heritage: and long may it continue!

Forgive me, Polly: pretty please: I'm being pedantic: however, how would you describe Morris men dancing around the Maypole?

Now, I don't dress up for golf: that said I've seen some strange chaps and chapesses in the States dressed for golf!

[:)]