Nostalgia

mint

Weather vile......just too hot for doing anything too physically demanding.  Only so much lying about and reading that you can do....

No new topics on the Forum, so I am going to try and get some of us talking.  So how about talking about nostalgia?  Maybe, it isn't what it used to be but let's have a go anyway[:)]

Please post something that you remember from the past whether it be with revulsion or regret, affection, pleasure or loathing.  I'd like to see whatever comes readily to your mind:  a snip of conversation, a piece of eloquent prose, a snatch of poetry, a song, a piece of music, a photo....anything goes...

Here is my contribution

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq0yhizu0y8[/url]

Dates from the early 1960s.....hell, I was young then!

Radio programmes on a Sunday - The Navy Lark, Round the Horn, Two-Way Family Favourites etc.

Sunday drives down to Brighton from Surrey in Mum & Dad’s Austin 7. It usually failed to get up Reigate Hill without ‘boiling up’ halfway.

On the 18th of next month it will be 50 years, yes that's half a century, since Jimi Hendrix tragically died. What a phenomenal legacy he left for someone so young, 27.

I have difficulty in getting my head around the time span.