free logs

johnycarper

we live near la ferte bernard in 72 and have just had over 200 populars cut down,and this has left a huge about of wood evan after the people took the trunks away.If anyone would like free wood all we ask is that you come and cut it and as you go clear all the rubbish into a pile to burn.

Proof of the puddin is the eating - try it!

We have that info Gondrin as well, but not about the black smoke!!! but tried poplar after we had it under cover for 12 months (well dried) and we found it burned adequately it gave off good heat - burnt a bit on the quick side and noticed nothing different to our usual as regards yuk on the front glass, and if its free - what the heck!!!

I've spent the past month burning timber from my neighbours shed. Sure it doesn't last too long, but it warms the room up, and at this time of year it's perfect. Think I'll need proper logs for the height of winter, but for the time being it's enough, and it's free.

In case you're wondering, he let me have the timber, I'm not just popping down and pulling a plank off at a time!

[quote user="milkeybar kid"]Proof of the puddin is the eating - try it!

We have that info Gondrin as well, but not about the black smoke!!! but tried poplar after we had it under cover for 12 months (well dried) and we found it burned adequately it gave off good heat - burnt a bit on the quick side and noticed nothing different to our usual as regards yuk on the front glass, and if its free - what the heck!!![/quote]

Yes, I agree with that. For instance, all the advice - old and new- is that ash is excellent. In fact, I don't find it all that good, certainly not as good as oak for instance.

And chopping up a mountain of poplar is going to keep one very warm indeed!

[quote user="johnycarper"]we live near la ferte bernard in 72 and have just had over 200 populars cut down,and this has left a huge about of wood evan after the people took the trunks away.If anyone would like free wood all we ask is that you come and cut it and as you go clear all the rubbish into a pile to burn.[/quote]

Do you have a contact number or E/Mail address John?