They come in every form...

Fumanzoku

[quote user="Cassis"]Does anyone else have trouble remembering left from right?

Here's a tip that I advise everyone to take note of.

When I forget my left and right, I find it useful to remember that the left is the side of the road driven on in the UK. Except by confused very old folk who sometimes end up on the wrong side of the motorway.

If you forget and get it wrong this can lead to accidents, so I advise everyone to take note of this and act accordingly.

PS They drive on the right in France.  Mainly.
[/quote]

I wish you had posted that a few weeks earlier, I drive a RHD car and had borrowed a LHD to pick my dad up at the airport, I felt totaly cack handed in that car what with the hand brake not being where it should have been and drove the wrong way down a dual carriageway.................we all lived , laughed and learned!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Cassis"]... I might learn something impotent.

[/quote]

... from Pun? [Www]

Bettttttyyyyyy... is that you? Wot's with the scarf? Hiding the virtual ringworm?

... apologies to all (most) for my gratuitous incursion into this... discussion. [:D]

[quote user="Cassis"]

What did you think of my helpful hints?  Or was I teaching you to suck eggs?

[/quote]

Well, you've made me understand that crapping on top of the beds before leaving is not a good thing to do. And I'm always trying to better understand the social niceties of this planet. [:P] So, my thanks, Sir. I'll get the eggs out of the basket now...[+o(]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Cassis wrote <<<I might learn something impotent>>>

Never mind Phil, I hear it's common amongst you wrinklies?

Ok Pun, the big guns are out now and the time is nigh for you to wave the white flag! An apology might not be a bad idea?

[/quote]

....and let's have a darned good go at making that apology grammatically correct eh? 

[quote user="Mark"][quote user="Chris Head"]

Cassis wrote <<<I might learn something impotent>>>

Never mind Phil, I hear it's common amongst you wrinklies?

Ok Pun, the big guns are out now and the time is nigh for you to wave the white flag! An apology might not be a bad idea?

[/quote]

....and let's have a darned good go at making that apology grammatically correct eh? 

[/quote]

And with some actual punctuation, dagnabit!!!!

Hello

I've been away from the forum for a bit and have just read through this entire thread.  A couple of things have surprised me, firstly Chris Heads camp avatar (sorry Chris) clearly getting in touch with another side.

And the similarity between Pun and a banned member, oh what's his name? Ou........ I nearly said it.

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

Hello

I've been away from the forum for a bit and have just read through this entire thread.  A couple of things have surprised me, firstly Chris Heads camp avatar (sorry Chris) clearly getting in touch with another side.

And the similarity between Pun and a banned member, oh what's his name? Ou........ I nearly said it.

[/quote]

Well I had a go Dotty and have changed it simply because I'm getting cheesed of with the PM 'abuse' I'm getting about it....

My antennae are up also Dotty, for several reasons. 'Pun' has had every opportunity to come back to this thread and is no doubt checking it regularly...lets see what happens .

[quote user="Chris Head"]

My antennae are up also Dotty... [/quote]

So, Twinks lent you her Deely Boppers?[:)]

Sorry, but the thread is already in free-fall....

Hello Dotty! How strange that after being parted we should meet up in this strange place.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Hello Dotty! How strange that after being parted we should meet up in this strange place.

[/quote]

Funny, I was just going to say that to Catalpa. I felt a light, but pleasant approach would be:

a) totally in keeping with the overall tone of this thread, and

b) a diversionary tactic which would deflect interest from the ringworm comment.[:$]

Hello Tresco, not sure what deely boppers are, I'm way too young. 

Whats going on with all the new avatars, I can't keep up, I don't know who is who.  Betty used to be white cross I think and Mog and the cat was Lowondiesel, and Chris has gone all pink, did he chop something off whilst carving?

Perhaps its a dream and I will have Bobby swimming in my sink in the morning. 

I must have typed thirty serious responses to this thread over the last couple of days, before deleting them.

The first would have been the very first response!

Now happily, I've been distracted by the mention of Ringworm.

I bet I'm the only mother bad enough to have a child who got it.

Does anyone remember an episode of Star Trek where a scientist has the misfortune to morph into a beastie, who sucks the life out of the even more unfortunate crew member in a red jumper (who is always part of the landing party, and whose role is always simply, to die?). Sometimes they get to hold a tri-quarter (sp?) and say 'yes Captain' before their inevitable demise. 

Anyway, the scientist/beastie did his thing, leaving red, circular marks all over the poor chap. He was dead, of course.

That's what Ring-worm is like.

Ah, dear Dotty. We all had fun and changed our names and Avatars. Cassis went so far as to have a sex change. That Pip stole my wabbit too, but that was later.

Mines Johnny Depp. You likee, or you want the other fellow back?. I'm easily led.

I hung on to my avatar, as I need an anchor in an ever-changing world, and everyone else had changed into something different while I popped to the shops for a tin of paint. I was Tarquin for a brief moment but my name wouldn't fit into the box, and then I had an arm-wrestling competition with Miki, because he didn't want to be Betty, but he doesn't want to be Al either. He  wanted me to be Gill, which is how the whole sorry episode began and I ended up as Betty. I quite like Betty now. But I'm keeping the headscarf.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I hung on to my avatar, as I need an anchor in an ever-changing world, and everyone else had changed into something different while I popped to the shops for a tin of paint. I was Tarquin for a brief moment but my name wouldn't fit into the box, and then I had an arm-wrestling competition with Miki, because he didn't want to be Betty, but he doesn't want to be Al either. He  wanted me to be Gill, which is how the whole sorry episode began and I ended up as Betty. I quite like Betty now. But I'm keeping the headscarf.[/quote]

So Betty did you beat Miki?

[quote user="Tresco"]Now happily, I've been distracted by the mention of Ringworm.

I bet I'm the only mother bad enough to have a child who got it.

[/quote]

Nope, you are in an apparently exclusive club with my mother.

But as a few on here will already know, my mother is indeed... an alien.