They come in every form...

Fumanzoku

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I hung on to my avatar, as I need an anchor in an ever-changing world, and everyone else had changed into something different while I popped to the shops for a tin of paint. I was Tarquin for a brief moment but my name wouldn't fit into the box, and then I had an arm-wrestling competition with Miki, because he didn't want to be Betty, but he doesn't want to be Al either. He  wanted me to be Gill, which is how the whole sorry episode began and I ended up as Betty. I quite like Betty now. But I'm keeping the headscarf.[/quote]

So Betty did you beat Miki?

[/quote]

Nope, if I'd beaten him I'd be Al now and he'd be Betty. I think I got the better deal, and at least my arm isn't sore.Although Tresco has a point. Maybe he's resting his sore arm. Keeping to the latest of many themes now running through this thread, my friend got ringworm from a camel. No mothers were involved, however.

[quote user="pugwash"]Tresco, it's a "tricorder", how sad is it that I know these things ?, and as for the thread being in free fall which somebody else said, better it's in free fall than where it was going.[/quote]

Thanks pugwash. I can always depend on there being someone sadder than me on LF![:D]

I agree with your other comment.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"][quote user="Dotty Trois"]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I hung on to my avatar, as I need an anchor in an ever-changing world, and everyone else had changed into something different while I popped to the shops for a tin of paint. I was Tarquin for a brief moment but my name wouldn't fit into the box, and then I had an arm-wrestling competition with Miki, because he didn't want to be Betty, but he doesn't want to be Al either. He  wanted me to be Gill, which is how the whole sorry episode began and I ended up as Betty. I quite like Betty now. But I'm keeping the headscarf.[/quote]

So Betty did you beat Miki?

[/quote]

Nope, if I'd beaten him I'd be Al now and he'd be Betty. I think I got the better deal, and at least my arm isn't sore.Although Tresco has a point. Maybe he's resting his sore arm. Keeping to the latest of many themes now running through this thread, my friend got ringworm from a camel. No mothers were involved, however.

[/quote]

Where is the old so and so?  I bet if I mention breasts he will be here in a flash.

Oh darn it, I've said it.

[quote user="catalpa"]Nope, you are in an apparently exclusive club with my mother.

But as a few on here will already know, my mother is indeed... an alien.
[/quote]

But Catalpa...I have always felt so alone in this world (apart from when Sharon the Martian joined the forum).

Now I learn there is another like me. I must tell the offspring thing [:)]

The Martian was lovely. She took part in several threads, but no one ever sussed out who it was.

Christine Animal hinted that she knew, and I begged her to tell me, but she was a real misery about it.[:D].

I thought it was James the admin guy.[;-)]

Anyway, she arrived on April 1st.

She was funny. I miss her.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/659195/ShowPost.aspx

Good morning one and all,

first things first, 1, this call that I should give an apology  " What for" I stand by all Ive said, and if you want to remove me from L/FRANCE so be it.

I gave my honest true thoughts on how I felt at the time the subject of letting and using all the correct legal ways of letting. and the gite side of life.

and Having had a good nights sleep I stand by all I said, and that is this, you let long term ? then all the bills insurance/ rates etc, etc are all in the hands of   people who are now ln the property, if they dont pay the verious providers do the collecting and all tax ect is paid along the line by all concerned.

2, gite and gite matters are my concern and thats all Ive invested in at this time of writing this thread, and Ive spent on the best of every fitting/every bit of work ive had done and all for my customers to fully enjoy a good holiday, the only thing I cant look after is the weather but the inside entertainment has also been given the very best thought I can give,

Ive not taken the simple way out and chucked a package together and think now I'll hold my hand out for the fee's and wait to see what comes up on Living -Frances gite page ref complaint after complaint section as we all see far to offten, ie should the place be heated, should I charge for cleaning, we found live wires sticking out the walls, the owners would only let us use the pool at certain times of the day!!

When I read remarks like this its a bit like telling your kids on christmas eve father christmas wont be coming he's had an accident and is dead, so no gifts.

All you have to do is look  at some of the complaints from the past and the last ones, "they are a load of repeats" and I dont and wont go down the road of the customer comes last,

As I told Betty, I ran my own company for many years with a good result because I didnt run with the crowd, I didnt need to see a customer smile to know I was giving them the service they paid for, I soon found out by repeat after repeat orders for my services year after year and I was'nt in the funneral trade.

I feel that any new person's who may be thinking of going into the gite or long term let's and have followed this thread, will have had the warning of what not to do and the price you will pay if as FUMANZOKU will I'm sure tell you "you do it wrong"

and if this fact and warning alone is the one good thing thats come out of this topic? It's been worth the fight,

As I said yesterday Ive felt like Simon Cowel must feel of X factor fame and so in keeping with my new image,

I dont feel I should say sorry, Not one of you can sing, a few of you are a mess and If you feel you owe your self a good gite (ready by summer 2008)

holiday and you want to learn how to make a gite feel home from home,  Then let me know, "book early"

Regards Pun,

(Buy cheap today ,"buy again tomorrow"  or    (two guarantees in life (1) you',ve already had "you were born, the second "you one day will die. Its what you do between times that really count, so do them well..

Simon, whatever happened to Gareth Gates and that fat scottish girl Michelle? You didn't get that right, did you? [;-)]

Anyway, let us know how your bookings go for 2008 and don't expect a lot of sympathy when you get guests who break the washing machine and garden furniture, put a hole in the lining of the pool or leave the place in such a tip it takes you and Mrs Pun (God help her) 12 hours to clean. After all, customer satisfaction is far more important than making a living!

I am only a new boy, haven't even moved over yet (still trying to sell the bungalow in Devon, any offers ?) , but can I suggest that this thread is going nowhere, I have no sympathy for Pun, but the rest of you are just lowering yourselves to his level and perpetuating (Pun, that means keeping it going) the argument to no useful end, and not leaving the best impression on anyone looking in.

[:)][:D][:P]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Pun is stylistically nowhere near our old 'friend' - who could lay the rotten English on with a trowel when he felt like it/had been absorbing the fruit of the vine, but seemed able to write reasonably cogently otherwise.

[/quote]

And Pun can't?

[quote user="Cassis"]Wow!  This thread has been busy while I was Xmas shopping. 

But comparing what is here with what was in my CF INbox, it seems that at least half the posts (e.g. the halfwit exchange) have vanished - so you haven't done too badly, Dotty!

[/quote]

Well you've gone and done it now Cassis, posted to me and now I have to reply or I will seem rude, so now I've gone against something I said I wouldn't do, post on this thread.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Dick Smith"]Pun is stylistically nowhere near our old 'friend' - who could lay the rotten English on with a trowel when he felt like it/had been absorbing the fruit of the vine, but seemed able to write reasonably cogently otherwise.
[/quote]

and pun cant ofcurse.
[/quote]

Where has the post you quote gone? Dick's right, of course.