They come in every form...

Fumanzoku

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pun, I'm not sure you are quite getting the picture here.

Living France cannot possibly have a section on this forum for every single nuance of French life and the section the question is in is probably the most suitable available.

If you honestly think that a section for long term rental would be useful and also be used enough to justify its space then you should suggest it to admin or a mod, who will then consider it.

Until then it is not appropriate or constructive for you to question where the OP has put the post, in the terms that you have. 

By the way, I'm pretty sure that you have been told before that in 'netiquette' writing in capitals signifies shouting - please do not shout at me!

If you have further comment please contact me by email or PM.

russethouse

Ive not shouted at you as you think, and Ive never been told by anyone that I have but if you really feel I have then dont bother getting involved,

you didnt reply to the question I asked you months ago ref how many gites did you run,

If you feel Im getting at you just dont bother getting involved again.

and any suggestion ref running the LivingFrance Im sure I wouldnt need your help in finding the direction to aim at.

I stand by the points Ive made, and Im not one of these people that need to be liked to please, 

as Ive said Im only interested in the customer and giving  the best service on offer, not listening to one side of any storyand then making a judgement.

regards Pun.

Betty,

if you want to have ago first make sure you know  what your talking about,

Ive said time and time again plan and plan and by doing your home work and having a plan you may do things better than if you dont plan,

I said in september (look it up if you think Im telling you a porky) that i was doing a gite up now and it will be ready in one years time, (planning)

this time scale so far has included full centrial heating oil and all fixed in "not plug in radiators , full pool ,again all to be fitted in, gates fitted, patio , bar.b.q.

heated tub, all this is for the gite and the customers use .

ref my experience without going into to much detail, I retired at 53 years of age having owned my own company for many years, and I can assure you Im no fool and I dont take any prisoners ref why me brigade,

If you want to find fault with people you dont know, then your dreaming or hiding behind the keys of your P.C.

I,ll leave it up to you to decide how you feel, ?but for me, I dont like one sided situation's and Id like to hear all sides ref this situation pre making any remarks ref respect for one side or the other.

For all we know these people may have a complete different story as to why they didnt (infact if they didnt pay on time or the last 2 months rent)

you,ve hanged them on the word of a so called gite owner who,s telling all this stuff when we dont know the full story.

Do you feel this is right?

Would you sooner have a load of people on this thread who all say how wonderful every one or thing is when infact the truth is some people cant take the truth or a different view, if it's not  what they want to hear they get all up set.

You make your own mind up Betty as to the person's you want to respect, but I'll say this if I tell you something you can bet your life it's complete and true and I'd say it to your face if need be and not hide behind a P.C.

I do hope I dont make to many mistakes,but as you have said I dont plan to make any and if I do I,ll not hide them from you or anyone.

Well Betty for someone Ive never met Ive said enough to you so I'll wish you a good day and hope to speak again maybe with yet one more Gite topic.

regards Pun.

Hi  ,CHRIS  HEAD,

I did wear a flack jacket for more years than I care to remember and I will say a few hail marys if it makes you happy.

You know I feel like simon cowel of X factor fame must feel.

Folk dont like it when you tell them what they dont want to hear "ie you cant sing, you look a mess, and your gite skills dont work" I think you'll go a long way.

By chrishead, keep praying for me.

My little book, I have two the same one from GDF and the other from Clevacances says that "Est considérée comme une location saisonnière la location d'un immeuble (appartement, villa, bungalow) conclue pour une durée maximale et non renouvelable de quatre-vingt-dix jours consécutifs." which in English means that to be a Gite you can only rent for no more than 90 days to the same person after that its no longer treated as a gite but a perminant let to the people who have gone over the 90 days. I suspect that these statements are backed by French law, they usually are when GDF and Clevacances are involved.

If you are a member of GDF and it is only a Gite rental and not a long term rental then if you tell them they will send out emails to fellow members warning of dodgy people, we had two such emails this year. Unfortunatly I don't know if there is a system for people doing long term lets.

There must be information on renting out properties in France and guides to the type of contract you should use and the references to take. Perhaps next time going through a French agent might be a better idea. I wonder if Notaires deal with these sort of things (drawing up rental agreements and taking references).

Just read the whole of this thread; the Brits abroad you've got to love them haven't you ? Out of their natural environement, used to being the big fish, can't stand being told they are wrong by people they cannot see, so cannot pigeon hole. Could end up being corrected by someone socially inferior, well we can't have that can we, I had all this when I lived in Portugal, nothings changed except now we have  email to enable sniping and snide remarks that would have had to be mumbled in the beard before. Isn't communication wonderful ?

[:)][:D]

[quote user="Pun"]

You know I feel like simon cowel of X factor fame must feel.

[/quote]

Simon Cowell - Yes!  I've heard of him!!! 

He claims to know EVERYTHING  about the music buisness and what qualifies you to be the best singer out there - but he can't sing for toffee himself[:-))][6]

[quote user="Pun"]

Betty,

if you want to have ago first make sure you know  what your talking about,

You make your own mind up Betty as to the person's you want to respect, but I'll say this if I tell you something you can bet your life it's complete and true and I'd say it to your face if need be and not hide behind a P.C.

I do hope I dont make to many mistakes,but as you have said I dont plan to make any and if I do I,ll not hide them from you or anyone.

Well Betty for someone Ive never met Ive said enough to you so I'll wish you a good day and hope to speak again maybe with yet one more Gite topic.

regards Pun.

[/quote]

Yes, Pun, you've said more than enough. I certainly have made up my mind about those I would choose to respect on this particular thread. Respect is earned, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you. Your rudeness speaks absolute volumes about you and I hope that many of those who may have been considering being your future guests have read your views and reactions with interest. Now, where's that bargepole?

Pun,

I do hope that your illiteracy is just for the benefit of the forum. If I enquired about your gite and received a reply with the improper use of spelling, grammar and punctuation as per your posts here, I wouldn't book with you. Also for info  - the reason most gites don't have full central heating is because unless you can get long terms lets (which you are clearly not in favour of), it is very difficult to justify the cost of installation as most people don't want to take their holidays from November - March (unless you are in a ski resort of course).

[quote user="Pun"]

Hi twinkle,

simons not suppose to be a singer, he's the one that makes the stars

by doing all the planning and pleasing all the customers (ie record

buying public)

[/quote]

This is true. But you see, Pun old fruit, he has masses of experience doing that, whereas you, you have yet actually to welcome a paying guest through your hallowed portals.

I sometimes wonder if you are what you say. You see, I find it hard to

believe that someone (and I apologise for the repeatition here, but I

think it is such an important point, you understand, that it is worth

making twice), that someone who has yet to welcome a paying guest can

treat the experience of others with such crass arrogance and distain.

Ah. But, of course, you do have your plan. And I would not be surprised

to learn that it ran to a couple of volumes already? Two tiny bits of

advice (that, based on past performance I expect you will disgard, but

then tant pis pour vous, hein?)

1) The best plans, those that detail every eventuality down to the last

mouse fart, count every nail and tack and have contigencies for every

scenario, no matter how implausable, are only as good as their

execution;

2) Under no circumstances follow guests around with a clipboard

monitoring their adherence or otherwise to The Plan. It can make them

nervous....

Going back to the original post, thank goodness instances like this are few and far between. 

There have been instances of B&B owners being scammed by people running off without paying, but the gendarmes early in the summer visited all the B&Bs and gites in and around the Alençon area and asked owners to take note of the reg. numbers of guests' cars and call them immediately if anything untoward happened.  It's been a bit of a pain but has helped them to catch a number of 'hoppers' this year, including one guy who appeared to have deep mental problems as he had a habit of crapping on top of the bed and trashing the room before he left.  He did two before he was caught by his car being pulled in.

I hope that posting this won't lead to a pointless attack on my ability to run a B&B ... there again, if it does I might learn something impotent.

[quote user="Pun"]

russethouse

Ive not shouted at you as you think, and Ive never been told by anyone that I have but if you really feel I have then dont bother getting involved,

you didnt reply to the question I asked you months ago ref how many gites did you run,

If you feel Im getting at you just dont bother getting involved again.

and any suggestion ref running the LivingFrance Im sure I wouldnt need your help in finding the direction to aim at.

I stand by the points Ive made, and Im not one of these people that need to be liked to please, 

as Ive said Im only interested in the customer and giving  the best service on offer, not listening to one side of any storyand then making a judgement.

regards Pun.

[/quote]

Perhaps before you repy to me in such terms again you may like to read what it says under my name(that's to your left) I'm not advising you for the benefit of my health, but for the benefit and smooth running of the forum.

Your co-operation would be appreciated.

Does anyone else have trouble remembering left from right?

Here's a tip that I advise everyone to take note of.

When I forget my left and right, I find it useful to remember that the left is the side of the road driven on in the UK. Except by confused very old folk who sometimes end up on the wrong side of the motorway.

If you forget and get it wrong this can lead to accidents, so I advise everyone to take note of this and act accordingly.

PS They drive on the right in France.  Mainly.