iNK CARTRIDGE REFILLS!

Hi

Has anyone used the refill kits for their printer cartridges?

After long consideration I finally bought a refill kit since the Dell printer cartridges are so expensive, and they commence the annoying reminder to purchase refills when the existing are still half full!

A slightly delicate operation but all done in 10 mins, printer up and running no problems.

So would recommend it as a it will save a large sum as opposed to new cartridges.

I have been getting very quick service and competetive prices for compatable cartridges and they don't charge the earth for P & P. All makes and brands are available! I went down the refill road and found it much too messy!

ink2you.co.uk

Somewhere in a cupboard we have a Samsung - bought for me when I was here alone - but declared redundant by Di's brother. Any modern laser printer is of a print quality adequate for most people and most tasks and is often only as good as the paper anyway. To prolong toner cart life just give it a good shake as and when required.

IMHO inkjet printers just exist to make money for the manufacturers and sellers of the machines and consumables.

When the time comes for brother replacement we will probably buy an all-in-one laser and free up the bit of space currently occupied by geriatric Epson scanner.

John

I have been refilling the cartridges in our Canon printer for some time. It is easy and not all that messy. When it stops wanting to print, I just wash out the bits with washing up liquid. The technical term for that is 'Washing out the bits with washing up liquid.'. We bought separate scanner and printers in case one part decided to 'die'.

I think the quality of the Samsung is really good, as John says, the paper is important too but photo's come out very well on photo paper and the day-to-day stuff is spot on too.  The toner packs are good for around 10 000 pages (depending on amount of coverage per page of course) and the deal I got was the printer bundled with extra toner pack. It is physically quite small and has a low power requirement.  All in all I think it's a great printer

[quote user="tj"]

Has anyone used the refill kits for their printer cartridges?

After long consideration I finally bought a refill kit since the Dell printer cartridges are so expensive, and they commence the annoying reminder to purchase refills when the existing are still half full!

A slightly delicate operation but all done in 10 mins, printer up and running no problems.

So would recommend it as a it will save a large sum as opposed to new cartridges.

[/quote]

In the past I used JR Inks refills, it can be sometimes a bit messy. However, due to a leaking cartridge my multipurpose printer was ruined. I would never again use any ink kits as especially now with good compatible cartridges available at less than the cost of the ink refills.

Baz

These refill kits......its just ink right?

So how do people get round stuff like the epson status monitor which says the cartridge is empty? As far as I know, each cartridge has a wee chip in it which talks to the printer, and when empty, the chip doesnt know the cart has been refilled, so it still reads as empty and shows an error. I have seen kits on ebay for re-setting these chips.

It all seem like a bit of a farce really, only this morning I bought a set of 4 black and 3 of each colour cartridge from ebay for 17 euros all in.

[quote user="dave21478"]These refill kits......its just ink right?[/quote]You'd be forgiven for thinkng so but unfortunately it's not quite so simple, there's ink and there's ink and they are not all created equal. Something they neglect to point out when selling refill kits and using the wrong one can cause catastrophic damage as baz unfortunately found out to his cost.

Not all cartridges have chips either. Epson used to be the worst offender in this respect and it meant you couldn't even buy 3rd party cartridges. I believe they were brought to book for restrictive practices but can't remember the outcome or if they mended their ways. You used to be able to buy a special device which could reset the chip !

Frankly it's just not worth the aggro or the risk when there are hundreds of companies out there selling compatibles at attractive prices.