the story so far....

jon

Sorry Katie

actually my french isn't brilliant, I have a few stock phrases like the above which I can quote by heart, but the rest is pretty basic,[:$] but I prefer it that way, often told my french accent is cute and sexy[blink] but how a mixture of cockney/marseille could sound cute, I'v got no idea.................but it works[:D very well

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katie,

Just along Caledonian Road, behind Kings Cross Station. Its in Islington......... the trendy Islington now. [geek] All the streets where I was brought up were demolished in the early 70's and now theres a housing estate called Vulcan Way! No spock doesn't live there[:D] I have that awful cockney speech impediment, you know, like jonathon ross.........or should I say Jonathon Woss!!!!! Never a great problem till I came to france, its why I now drink pastis 51 and not Ricard or as I used to say it wicard[geek] I fed up with waiters saying quai...... wicard??????[:-))] so in the end I asked for 51. Simpler

Actually No!!!!!!!

As a child I would go to Victoria park almost every week.My aunt had a stall in the market and a cousin lived just close by.

There was an open air theatre in the park behind the caferteria.

One of my best friends had a dry cleaners just opposite the East Ham Granada....it was called Pronto.

My father was a bus conductor based at Bow garage  and he worked on the No 8 route

Our Neighbours...at one time were The Piermans and I would sometimes drink in a pub...once frequented [and more] by the Krays.

I come from very humble beginings but have explored.People...most engaging, facinating....and so different from each other!

This is not a honeymoon but some detail of  life here....I am keeping positive as the alternative is not an option for a contented life

I talk of all my experiences as they have happened.

I do not give you figures and dates...just a report...in my way...

Some of you...maybe many of you have had different experiences.

No one is right and no one is wrong.

And certainly I believe that no one is more or less qualified to become "the chairman of life".

There is no board of directors which can sit in judgement..... as to how someones luck, hard work or choises will work for them.

I have never said that my life in London was bad ...but it no longer feels comfortable for me in a city..You have learnt of some of the reasons...bad experiences with the NHS Russet house gave a good report.Respect her findings ...and its good.

And now that I am here in France I am making an effort to enjoy what is on offer...and hopefully I can offer a little to the community...

So stop attacking please it is not necessary ....surely

[quote user="jon"]

So stop attacking please it is not necessary ....surely

[/quote]

Jon Jon Jon

Every day I want to reply to your winging about everyone be negative towards you, have you really read any of the remarks as to why others think you are getting what you think is a raw deal on here!

Almost all your posts have an element of me me me, or poor me leave me alone, why is it that you feel the need to constantly tell everyone that their opinions are negative just because they do not agree with yours.

If you feel the need to tell the world about your 'Story' why don't you start a blog, then you could completely indulge yourself without the fear of others giving you negative feedback!

Jacqui Too said

"Jon Jon Jon

If you feel the need to tell the world about your 'Story' why don't you start a blog, then you could completely indulge yourself without the fear of others giving you negative feedback!"

[I][8-|]Excellent idea.

[Www] I'll second that suggestion Jacqui Too

What a funny bunch you are.

If someone is experiencing good things in France it is concidered moaning.

Some of you left your homes in UK there had to be a reason.

Others bought a second home in France to prosper from the purchase or /and from the enviroment.

[quote user="jon"]

Seems that you get dissapointed  when I say that things are going well in France.

Sorry if that is moaning.You are a funny bunch!!!

[/quote]

Jon you must have mis-read Jacquis post.

It is your repeated description of other forum members as 'negative' etc., which is particularly grating.

[quote user="jon"]

What a funny bunch you are.

If someone is experiencing good things in France it is concidered moaning.

Some of you left your homes in UK there had to be a reason.

Others bought a second home in France to prosper from the purchase or /and from the enviroment.

[/quote]

Here we go again.

You've totally missed the point of my post, it was not about the your good experience's in France that you were considered to be moaning about, it was your perception of bullying and negativity from other forum members that was in question.

As I read through some of the posts on this forum I am becoming increasingly concerned that a certain element of knife twisting posters is gaining a very strong hand here. This post is the main offender by far.

As soon as you noticed the dilema that jon is going through in justifying his decision to move here to himself you have remorselessly taken every opportunity to taunt and abuse him instead of letting the poor man alone to wrestle with his own conscience and decision making process. You know who you are!

Just because jon has shown the classic signs of having made what seemed to him to be a well considered decision to move here and having done so he is now wracked by self doubt and is needing constant reassurance and justification, many of you have chosen to argue the toss with him on every small and what may appear to you to be trival points but to jon this is a make or break decision.

I'm going to ask Admin to make jon baiting a punishable offence within the Forum Code of Conduct or I may even ask FK to beg Mrs Gupta to light a candle for him.

Shame on you!

[quote user="Panda"]

We've been easy on him just think of what the St Malo 1 would have to say if he were free as you still campaign for! 

[/quote]

I still miss him greatly as a seasoned debater and general no nonsense person but I don't think even jon deserves him on this one.  [:D]