the story so far....

jon

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Will"]

Oh dear, poor Artsole. It emerges that I know him and he's condemned before even making 20 posts [:D]

Still, he's big enough to hold his own (so to speak) and everything he says is true...

[/quote]

Ha!  Sounds to me like he spends too much time holding his own!![:D]

[quote user="Panda"]

I'm with You can Call me Betty on this one, none of us need  take up references on who was here looooong ago and why they know it all, after all most who've been around since the year dot love telling everyone that often enough without you seconding the opinion!  [:D]

[/quote]

Spot on Panda, and i'm living proof. I've been here for yonks but there are people on here know a hundred times more than i'll ever know about the technicalities of living in France. I just keep trogging from day to day as best I can. [:D]

Jon, I wish you could see that acknowledging reality isn't negative, and can actually be far more helpful than pretending things are different from the way they are. And that if people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are negative, unhappy, or have had a less fulfilling life than you have. Obviously few of us have your breadth of experience but that doesn't stop us enjoying life in our own way, whether it be in France, in England or both.

And just to prove that Artsole does know something about French womanhood (and can paint things other than brussels sprouts)-

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/vienormande/chris1.jpg[/IMG]

reality.

Each persons reality is different.

I  told you all that I know things can be hard/difficult here in France and good/wonderful in uk...but it is a passage of life.

I spent a long time in UK and now I am here.

Yes some of you know  more...much more about France than I do...so .

Either return to Uk.... or if you are there...do not move to France.

There is no arguement.

Or do you all feel that I should say that France is awful?

Not sure what your arguements really are.

[quote user="jon"]

Russet House you have brought up the same point again.

I agree that both countries have problems....Problems are everywhere and they come in all forms.Deal with them.

Russet House must be time for you to be going off to Marlow or Maidenhead for lunch...I remeber going to a couple of very good chinese restaurants with Heston and Co.

All of you scatter off for you lunch and remeber to enjoy your life....enjoy eating and cast aside your appertite negativity.

[/quote]

I don't need to go to Marlow or Bray (whose community incidentally isn't that fond of Mr Blumethal). Just a 5 minute walk away I can choose Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Greek or Spanish cuisine. In addition locally we have a  new English restaurant which specializes in locally sourced food. A 20 minute walk into the town centre I can choose French cuisine at the Forbury, where the chips are the best I ever tasted and that includes Heston's triple fried which were far too greasy for me.

I'm not sure how I can I have appetite negativity. ?

Isn't the whole point that I enjoy what we have created here - I am not negative about it, and neither are many of the other forum members who are in the UK or have a foot in both countries.

[quote user="panda"]

"Ha!  Sounds to me like he spends too much time holding his own!![:D]"

[/quote]

[quote user="artsole"]

and it gives me great [blink] pleasure

[/quote]

Thanks Artshole for living up to my stereotype of you [:D]

Now come on what have you got on Will?  Have you painted him in the nude and are threatening to post it?[;-)]

Panda wrote:

'Thanks Artshole for living up to my stereotype of you [:D]'              we are all stereotypes in the eyes of others........ because it is others who create the stereotype!

Now come on what have you got on Will?  Have you painted him in the nude and are threatening to post it?[;-)]

I wouldn't subject this forum to something like that......... god forbid, do you want me to be banned![:$]

[quote user="artsole"]

Panda wrote:

I wouldn't subject this forum to something like that......... god forbid, do you want me to be banned![:$]

[/quote]

Well as Will has made no bones about not wanting to associate with the rest of the riff raff at the picnic  planned for June you will have to come and bring the painting with you.  We could play pin the xxxx on the Will, what fun that would be!  Judging by responses there will be way more girls than boys there, you will be in your element.[:D]

Panda, you missed out the 'y'..........if you don't know how to spell it, how can I be sure you know what to do with one[6] June in the north, I need a big big incentive to leave avignon in the summer[:P]

EDIT: just katie.....................;everything is possible

Jon,

It's you who is having the argument. We are quite content with our lives in both France and Britain, liking both places is not mutually exclusive as far as we are concerned.

You say "Either return to Uk.... or if you are there...do not move to France."

If that reflects your attitude towards your fellow forum users then I am not surprised you have difficulty relating to most of us.

Panda - lurking at other forums in order to take remarks made in jest out of context shows a lack of something in your life. I hope the picnic goes some way to filling that gap.

To us the picnic is too far to the south. But you can certainly have a picture of me to stick pins in if you want - especially if what is attached to the pins serves to enhance certain bits. [;-)]

[quote user="Will"]

Panda - lurking at other forums in order to take remarks made in jest out of context shows a lack of something in your life. I hope the picnic goes some way to filling that gap.

[/quote]

[:D], Whoa there Will, I know we've gone too far today I'll stop, makes you go all stuffy again, we prefer the second face, the one for over here, you know the fluffy one  [kiss].

perhaps thats a good idea, I need to stop as well, sitting at a bar in my favorit square, (you know the one Will) isn't Wi Fi great[:P] but tend to keep drinking, now sun and booze gone to the head. Everything can be taken out of context on these things, perhaps I need a lie down, or to hold on to something[blink]

Sorry jon, we've stolen your forum and used it as a chat room, apologies

"Si j'étais né femme, j'aimerais connaître un homme tel qui moi:  merveilleusement insupportable!"

[quote user="Will"]Yes, good idea. No offence meant (or taken) - enjoy the rest of your weekends Panda and Jon, and not too much of the pastis, Artsole [:D][/quote]

Thanks Will you too, appreciate tho if you could avoid making me seem like I'm spenidng the rest of my weekend with Jon, (no offence Jon)...[:D]  I would prefer to share a pastis, haven't had one in a long time....[:-))]

Ok Russet House maybe you like France you have a property here...for holidays?

You have decided  not to agree with any of my points of view a little bit Labour/green party.

However as you enter into Chit chat...what do you mean ...the community in Bray is not do fond of Mr Blumental?

Do they feel that their property has risen in value too much.....or is the earier too busy and buzzy.

How do the locals  feel about the Roux bros?

Are you so British Russet House that you wantged to taste a little France and then withdraw a little.

By the way I too can spend time in UK  ......I am sure that I will visit  at some point in the near furture.

Maybe we will meet...without knowing it!

Twinkle

oui biensur, avec mon petit barbe, it tickles quite a bit.........thats an english bit, not a french one[:D] just so theres no confusion.

and my phylosophy is simple: "L'art n'a rien sacré, ce n'est qu'un divin prétexte humain pour séduire" [8-|]