the story so far....

jon

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="Just Katie"]Please stop.[/quote]

So Jon can carry on regardless and everyone else adjusts their behaviour?  It's been quite light hearted but these accusations of bullying are too much.

[/quote]

Quite. It is really quite tiresome to have someone continuely playing the victim because people don't share their world view.

[quote user="Panda"]

I'm sorry but I find Jons name dropping intensely annoying the rest I can take or leave!

[/quote]

But panda, Will said you and jon were having a weekend together?[geek] or am I getting confused here![blink]

"Les grosses devraient faire l'objet de plus d'amour qui les autres. Elles offrent un champ plus vaste aux plaisirs"[:P]

[quote user="artsole"][quote user="Panda"]

I'm sorry but I find Jons name dropping intensely annoying the rest I can take or leave!

[/quote]

But panda, Will said you and jon were having a weekend together?[geek] or am I getting confused here![blink]

"Les grosses devraient faire l'objet de plus d'amour qui les autres. Elles offrent un champ plus vaste aux plaisirs"[:P]

[/quote]

Oh cheers thanks! Neither of your statements above refer to me you cheeky Artsole![:P]

[quote user="clairely"]i feel sad you all seem to get pleasure from hounding someone off the forum here![/quote]

And I feel sad, too. Sad that apparently, yet again, it's considered that only one party in this discussion has "feelings". Why should it be that the people who disagree with Jon should be criticised, vilified and accused of some plot to "hound someone off the forum"? I can't see where anyone in this discussion has said that jon has no right to her views, or indeed anywhere where anyone has criticised anything except the continued references to people who happen to disagree being in some way deficient or having a hidden agenda. As this is an open forum, and the majority of thise who do disagree with jon's insistence on "France good, UK bad" have no links to one another, can't anyone just accept that there are a reasonable number of people who feel strongly enough to put an alternative point of view?

[quote user="clairely"]i feel sad you all seem to get pleasure from hounding someone off the forum here![/quote]

Nobody is being hounded, but if people come here with strong views and are not afraid to promote them then they must expect that other forum members will also put their own views in equally strong terms.

It doesn't make sense to then complain about being bullied.

I also think that she has fallen into an easy trap of perhaps not realizing just how her posts read, it's hard to communicate tone.

Remember the old adage 'If you don't like the heat.............'

Jon started this thread as a sort of log of her arrival in France, which in itself is fine, but in her first offering managed to mention that she had been bullied on the forum, when she clearly has not, and also wrote about a mugging in Reading, as if that alone justifies moving to France and mugging doesn't exist here.

Surely you can see how irritating that can be?

I feel a Bob Dylan day coming on here!

"Half of the people can be part right all of the time"

"Some of the people can be all right part of the time'

But all the people can't be all right all of the time"

"I think Abraham Lincoln said that"

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours"......................bob dylan said that!

I think Bob had it right.................. and that was before the internet[:'(] what a philosopher and visionary

Thanks for that Will, trip down memory lane[:D]

Here,s another one which shows that Bob forsaw this thread on living France.............;he really had the gift[blink] that boy

"and you think, Oh my God, am I here all alone"

"but something is happening here, but you don't know what it is!

"do youuuu............. Mr. Jon..............es"

Ok perhaps I've  had 'une petard' too many today..................got bob on the brain now,[geek] if I post more like this please excuse me[8-)]

Blimey, another Dylan fan.....

A book coming out soon by Suze Rotolo about her time with him. Can't believe it, because all this time she kept her mouth shut, even to journalists. Now it looks like cash-in time.

"Washington, Feb 11 : Veteran singer Bob Dylan's ex-girlfriend Suze

Rotolo has branded himas being vain and a liar, revealing that she had

illegally aborted the "Blowin' in the Wind" star's baby in the 1960s.

Rotolo, who had appeared on the cover of Dylan's album The

Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, has detailed her allegations in her

autobiography 'A Freewheelin' Time', which is due for release in May

"Much time was spent in front of the mirror trying on one wrinkled

article of clothing after another, until it all came together to look

as if Bob had just gotten up and thrown something on. Image was all,"

Contactmusic quoted Rotolo, as stating in the book.

In the book, Rotolo also revealed Dylan's habit of telling lies

about his childhood, including "the sad story he told of being

abandoned at a young age in New Mexico and then going to live with a

travelling circus".

"He had an uncanny ability to complicate the obvious and sanctify

the banal - just like a poet. Bob was charismatic; he was a beacon, a

lighthouse. He was also a black hole," she added.

She further claimed that the two eventually separated, because she

could not cope with the "pressure, gossip, truth and lies that living with

Bob entailed".

[quote user="Panda"][quote user="artsole"][quote user="Panda"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh cheers thanks! Neither of your statements above refer to me you cheeky Artsole![:P]

[/quote]

'cheeky' is my middle name, Panda[Www] and occasionally, ok, more than occasionally, I have been known to prefer the 'femme, une maigrichon', but only for modelling purposes ofcourse[:$]

This is for panda,and betty http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofl_UP3apM

because when I look in the mirror, I think of the 'last chicken analogy'

If you want me to send you a polaroid, it would have to be three polaroids.[geek] no, really, getting in to this link 'thing', and now out of Bob Dylon mode, and in to 'smeg' mode. Which will delight Panda because I'm only a 'mec'![Www]