Where is the best place to sell my house

[quote user="cooperlola"]Only the bit that's been moderated out, J/R.  There was originally a link which advertised said property.[/quote]

I was talking about the warning given to Johns posting, perhaps the offending bit has been removed.

That figure might be true for France as a whole Joanna, but depends very much on the area of the OP.  In some areas 60% of sales are to people who are not local to the area, and are from outside of the department or country.

The sensible price is obviously good advice though.

[quote user="Cat"]

That figure might be true for France as a whole Joanna, but depends very much on the area of the OP.  In some areas 60% of sales are to people who are not local to the area, and are from outside of the department or country.

The sensible price is obviously good advice though.

[/quote]

Even if you live in Eymet there are still a lot of sales going to the French - and the French use French agents.  So do lots of the English.  And the Dutch, the Germans etc.  So what reason can there pôssibly be for not using a French agent?  It doesn't cost the seller anything, you can sign on with as many as you want and a decent agent will smooth out a lot of hassles.  And you get to the widest possible market.

I'm not sure what you are using as the source of your info Joanna, and I'm not trying to be argumentative, honest [:)]

There is no reason whatsoever not to use a French agent, I wasn't disputing that (I'd  be shooting myself in the foot if I did, as Mr Cat is himself a French Immobilier).  It's just that, I do know that in this area (not Eymet or the Dordogne, simply a rural area with very little employment) nowhere near 90% of houses are sold to French people.

[quote user="Cat"]

I'm not sure what you are using as the source of your info Joanna, and I'm not trying to be argumentative, honest [:)]

There is no reason whatsoever not to use a French agent, I wasn't disputing that (I'd  be shooting myself in the foot if I did, as Mr Cat is himself a French Immobilier).  It's just that, I do know that in this area (not Eymet or the Dordogne, simply a rural area with very little employment) nowhere near 90% of houses are sold to French people.

[/quote]

Figures come from the Sud Ouest - my OH is also in the immo selling vineyards so we note the figures!  Course you aren't being argumentative it's just that so many people ignore the French market for whatever reason and even if the majority of houses in the area are being sold to foreigners it still means that quite a few go to the French.  I'd have thought that at the moment with the weak pound it's particularly important to aim at those who don't have to factor in a dodgy exchange rate.