CA PIN change

tonyv

Having opened our brand new CA account, and received our Cartes bleues, we thought it might be a good idea to change the PIN number to something more memorable, as we are accoustomed to do in the UK. So Mrs V duly went to a CA ATM, but found no option to do so. Next move into the branch to get help: Total amazement from the staff; you can change your card, but not your PIN.

Is this really the case? The assigned PIN is totally immemorable, so has to be written down, which of course, is not sensible. It seems daft to not allow a PIN change...

Cheers, Tony

If I remember correctly, it is possible but you have to pay...

I could have seen this at another bank [8-)]

EDIT: found it on CANMP's T&C:

• Réédition du code confidentiel 8,50 €

Not sure if this means a new code or a reminder of the original one though...

I tried to change our PIN numbers when we first got our CA cards and was told that you can't do anything about it.  I disguise the numbers in my telephone book as telephone numbers because they are impossible to remember (we only use them to buy petrol on a Sunday).

It used to be the case that no French banks let you change the pin code - it looks as if they still haven't woken up. Société Générale used to let you choose your own pin number when you applied for a card; I would imagine that still applies, and maybe some others have caught on.

I discovered this so changed all my UK cards to the same number - you do get used to remembering it. Otherwise you have the UK cards set to an easily remembered number and the French one, which I only use a few times when in France with a number, even if it was an 'easy' number that I would forget.

Paul

Just use your other half's birthday when you change the number as that one is easy to remember--------!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh.    I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN BLAME OLD AGE AND MEMORY ONCE YOUR RETIRED!!!

But even that does'nt work if you forget the birthday present!![8-)][:$][I]