Maisy has arrived

anotherbanana

Is she French or British?  Also, presumably a youngster?

Our Belgian neighbours (it’s their residence secondaire, so they’re here just 3 or 4 times per annum) have had golden labs for a number of years.

They had two half brothers for a number of years, but sadly ‘lost’ both of them in the last year or so.  They now have a slightly bonkers youngster of about 18 mths who, like his predecessors, is never further than a few metres from his ‘master’.   I’m no dog expert, but they’re a lovely breed.

Black lab or cross, four years old, was owned by an old lady now deceased. Our first night was a little unsettled but she is definitely a seeker after comfort as she took over the sofa in the evening, must have done it before, I guess. Also prefers women, we think and my grandson who has a natural gift with animals which are seriously drawn to him. A bit nervous outside so does not seem to have had much exterior experience, nor walking as she is terrible on the lead.

Ah, well if you want her to stay off the sofa, you'd better start training her now to use her own bed. 😉

We did that with our Collie as we had a new sofa that we didn't want stained.  He got used to using his own bed.