Specs on the Forehead

Gardian

Now, before I describe this, I’m very well aware that I may well be starting to sound like like ALBF.  However, I believe that counselling and help is readily available, so ......

What is it with the current ‘fashion’ for people wearing their specs on their forehead?  When I need my glasses, I get them out of their case.  It’s not just people on the TV, you see it all the time.  My (our) daughter-in-law does it too, but I’ve never asked her why.  Shame on me !

It’s just a fashion thing isn’t it ?  Having said that, I understand that there are some who need to do it (vision loss etc), but not everybody !

I think that counselling for me may well be required, so easily contactable.

I suppose they don't want to muck up their hair. I actually saw an interview with a bloke yesterday who was wearing his glasses round the back of his head, tucked over his ears. Now that's really weird.

At lunch with my ladies group today, one of the ladies was searching for her glasses .. she thought she must have left them in the car ... we told her she did have a pair of glasses on her head (hair not forehead .. but) was it those?  It was!  We all had to laugh (she has lovely thick hair by the way, so not entirely a surprise that she couldn't feel them).  I couldn't carry them like hat even if I wished to do so with expensive prescription glasses as my head is the wrong shape to do so, but it does seem to be a popular place to keep them even if it can't be doing the fit any good I always think!

Deaf Woman: I can't find my glasses.

Basil Fawlty: They're on your head.

Deaf Woman: What? My hearing aid's not working.

Basil Fawlty: (writes) "They're on your head."

Deaf Woman: I can't read that, I haven't got my glasses.

• Haha 1