La découverte des ossements du petit Emile relance l’enquête au Haut-Vernet

Lehaut

Is it coincidence or something else, but it seems to me that it's nearly always walkers who find remains or a body and that is the case on both sides of the channel.

I think us walkers tend to avoid roads and walk on little used paths often not even proper paths but through bushes, trees etc.

Maybe these bodies are found because les responsables hide them away in "secret" places and hope they are never found?  But what does it say about the people tasked with finding them?  Are they blind, or simply too lazy to be thorough?

40 minutes ago, menthe said:

Is it coincidence or something else, but it seems to me that it's nearly always walkers who find remains or a body and that is the case on both sides of the channel.

I think us walkers tend to avoid roads and walk on little used paths often not even proper paths but through bushes, trees etc.

Maybe these bodies are found because les responsables hide them away in "secret" places and hope they are never found?  But what does it say about the people tasked with finding them?  Are they blind, or simply too lazy to be thorough?

Why did the walkers pick the bones/skull up and take them to the Police ? That is bizarre behavior.

Most if not all of us would have left them in situ and then informed the police.

This story has a long way to go.

It makes me so sad because the kid was not that much younger than our own at the time he went missing.

12 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Why did the walkers pick the bones/skull up and take them to the Police ? That is bizarre behavior.

I had not read that.  I've not read all the articles.  If that is true, that is extremely out of the norm of behavior.  In this day and age, I thought everyone knew not to touch bones or anything remotely suggesting a possible crime scene.  I agree with you ALBF, the story is just beginning.

Yes, I've been following it as well in the French press. It seems incredible that the child should have been in the area all the time, and not found, despite intensive searches.

It sounds like somewhere steep, so perhaps he had slipped down a slope and been hidden in vegetation. I guess we may never know, but so terrible for the grandparents, who had charge of him, as well as for  the parents.