2008 French Tax Return

Ian Rough

I completed my 'paper' Tax return on 10th may 2009 for Tax year 2008 and delivered to my Local Tax office in Ruffec, Charente on that Day.

I am still waiting to get my notification paperwork of any Tax due, does any one know when this is form due to arrive and the due date of any Tax payment?

Regards,

Ian Rough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just received mine today and i have just a question ? i have somme remboursee on mine so  is it repaid and how?also do i just sign  and send it off .

Also the section to the side of  the signature  what is or any amonut i put here .

would appreciate any help here as it is my first after this it can only be easier he he he he .

Many thanks

Puca

Puca: assuming the form hasn't changed since last year, you must be talking about the little signature box to the right of a statement that begins: Je déclare sur l'honneur...

If so, it's only there in case you have to declare your income for some other official purpose.  (You would sign in the box and then make a photocopy of the form.)  Otherwise you can ignore it.

The space for a € amount is for any income that for some reason wasn't required to be included in your return.

As for the reimbursement, the only time I've ever had one it arrived in my bank before I even received the avis d'impôt.  I don't think you need to do anything.

Thanks to all that responded.

That is the last piece of official paper work and the jig saw for me to complete .now it is done for the first time ,I can do it and complete each year .

Now to enjoy all that is good in this beautiful country.

Puca

Hi,

My avis came on Friday 14th August, reimbursement arrived by cheque Thursday 20th August, paying it into bank tomorrow 24th August. Inland revenue cheque arrived 22nd August, paying into UK bank Friday 28th August. And  birthday on Saturday 22nd August. Who says that good things come in three's.[:D]

tuppence

[quote user="minnie"]Have people in Lot et Garonne received their avis yet - we're still waiting for ours...[/quote]I live in L&G and I received mine a week ago.

But it came from one specific tax office.  I don't know whether you can assume that they all work to the same timetable throughout the département.

I see they have changed the whole "look" of the bills:  impôt as well as foncière.

I don't like stationary changes because, more often than not, they mean a waste of public funds and I, for one, like things to stay and look the same so that I don't need to look at suspicion at all the new colours, logos, etc.

[quote user="dragonrouge"]Obviously it is now the 3rd September and still no notification of the tax bill. I am beginning to get worried and for no reason. Should I go in next week and ask.

I do not like Tax and Customs people they have supreme powers and I say that as a lawyer.[/quote]

Hi,

Do you anticipate a large bill? If you're not sure, I can give you a rough figure if you email me a copy of your declaration. In the meantime--relax--you fulfilled your obligation when you submitted your declaration.

[quote user="dragonrouge"]Obviously it is now the 3rd September and still no notification of the tax bill. I am beginning to get worried and for no reason. Should I go in next week and ask..[/quote]

Depends where you live.  As ever here in the Sarthe, September has arrived and no sign, in spite of our CPAM demanding a copy as confirmation of continued healthcare rights.  For the last five years in which we've been declaring, it's been well into October before ours have turned up.

[quote user="dragonrouge"]Hi Parsnips thanks so very much will email you tomorrow with the declaration. Saying that how does one on this forum scan and paste a document? Obviously it should not be an open document. rdgs[/quote]You can do this yourself by using the model on the impot website. 

IT'S HERE

With all due respect to Parsnips it's a little more private than letting a stranger (sorry) know the state of your financial affairs.  But, far be it from me....

Bonsoir, Coops, lovely to "hear" you on here again.  Was wondering about how you were getting on only a few days ago.

For the purposes of this post, I do want to emphasise that Parsnips is the soul of discretion and, after all, at some time or other, someone, somewhere, knows about your most intimate affairs.

I have been suffering from the continued incompetence of my ISP (who shall remain nameless - but she's an Italian girl).

I am sure that Parsnips is as you say, Sweet 17, but as there is a calculator generally available, I for one would rather give it the benefit of the doubt than somebody I do not know.  Of course, it's not my call and I certainly didn't seek to cast any doubt upon his/her integrity.[:)]