Soda Water has gone...

Good afternoon all,

I've been buying Soda Water (proper soda water, NOT simply gassed water) online for quite a while now, as it's impossible to find in any shops round here. Tonic Water's freely available anywhere, but not Soda Water.  However, I can no longer find it even online in France. One by one each supplier has stopped supplies!  It's nowhere to be found.

Anybody had the same problem? Has anybody got any idea why Soda Water has suddenly become a forbidden product, or even better does someone know a supplier...

Thank you Dave,

at least the price is a little better, maybe I'll have to bite the bullet if I want it. 

I still don't understand the problem and why the cost is so stupid (other than Fever Tree is overpriced).  The 20cl bottles cost as much as I used to pay for a litre.  What's happened.

Thanks anyway.

I was sent to Sainsbury’s this year to buy soda water and found litre bottles at 80p. Other supermarkets are much the same.

My Dad always had a drinks trolley at Christmas and it included a soda water dispenser. He told me the water inside was just carbonated water but as it emerged from the spout it was infused with bicarbonate of soda to give a subtle flavour and an ability to hold its bubbles when mixed with alcoholic drinks.