Theft and receipts

Lehaut

I wonder if they have thought the no automatic issue of receipts through?

Not my original thought but, if the security guard stops you coming out of a shop and confronts you with "I think you have stolen that item" and you reply "no" and show them the receipt all is well.

Under the new rules, no receipt so no easy proof you have, or have not, paid for the goods.  I don't see them taking you back to a till and have the cashier  scroll through all the electronic receipts to find yours (if you can even remember which till you used).

Certainly in the self scans in Ikea we have been challenged by the security staff who have looked at the paper receipt (in the old days) and then looked at the chariot.

I don't know whether of not it's because it's the holiday season but in the last three weeks there's been an error in every one of my food shops. All promos that haven't gone through properly. It's been a relatively simple matter to get them sorted because of the paper receipt. I still think they should issue them as a matter of course if you don't have a loyalty card.

OTOH it's no big deal to request a receipt.  And I hope we all do ask because then they are less likely to say we will be doing away with les tickets.

Less paper has to be a good thing so, if people don't want a receipt that they are going to bin immediately, I have no objection to our having to ask for a receipt.