Sirens

Hope you are safe NormanH.  I went to Bize MInervois yesterday - centre was flooded, biut not where I was, and I think it stopped, and has cleared excpet for the clean up.  But then it moved onto your area.  Happily, this time, it didn't come down our several local rivers .. but I didn't sleep well Friday night.  Still raining, got sodden on the way back from church this morning!

I am up in the centre of Town, but there is a lot of flooding down at river level, for example  on the road you would come into Béziers on from your place.

More is to be expected, since in places from which the water drains into the Orb there has been over 400mm of rainfall!

Many of the roads are closed,  for example the one from Béziers to the sea via Sauvian ..

275814505_2000923103422858_7690655749180341914_n.jpg

Happily, for us NormaanH, this time it has gone the "other' way from us .. and yes, I know the road you mean into Beziers , of course.  Very low  lying and near to the river.  If you are up in the town, yes, you should be safe enough .. it rises steeply enough from the river ... but as you say, it is what has to still come down from the Montagne noire which is worrying.

We were away walking round the Vannes and Morbihan area when this topic of Sirens first came up.  This sunset seen from the flat we hired made me think of sirens sounding for another reason.  I half expected to see a mushroom cloud form!!

IMG_20220304_185155_3.thumb.jpg.577931ed3b821878507dc9ee2f8bd25c.jpg