fish & chip van

Why should we not have something that we have been brought up with now and again ? We may live in France and thoroughly enjoy all things French including the food but I am sure French people living in England have a national dish now and again. I hate the attitude that if we chose to live in a different place we have to forget all we knew before. In fact, even French people like English Fish & chips and make up half of the customers in a Chip Shop over here. A little of what you fancy springs to mind.

Steve, I was reading your post and looking at your avatar and I thought for a moment you meant ALTITUDE problem?

I mean some people are definitely on a higher plane than others (sorry about the pun but I think it's apposite in this instance) [:D]

While enjoying my Large cod, chips, mushy peas tartar sauce,hot bread roll & butter plus a glass of the house merlot I will not be thinking of the miserable so and so's who berate anyone else's small pleasures.

As an add on to NormanH I would like to say that when in any part of Europe ,UK or further afield, we eat what the locals eat. I do however draw the line at sheeps eyes,tripe and andouille sausage,and McD's. We are both fairly fit,not overweight and eat well and enjoy our food and company.

Bon Appetit

Regards.

[quote user="NormanH"]This thread is a good example of the what I like to call  "Spain must be full up" peo

[/quote]

I have to tell you that there is an English Fish & Chip van in our area. We do go about once every three months as a treat, but guess what, last time I went, there were as many French families enjoying the food as there were Brits.

When we drove to Spain to visit friends we went into one of the big resorts and actually had an All Day English Breakfast. Yes, I know we are dreadful but  I thought that would cheer NormanH up a bit to know there are still some of us who let the side down. It was bl***y lovely though.

A bloke starts his new job at the zoo and is given three tasks. First
Is to clear the exotic fish pool of weeds.

As he does this a huge fish jumps out and bites
him. To show who is boss, he beats it to death with a
spade.

Realizing his employer won't be best pleased he
disposes of the fish by feeding it to the lions, as lions will eat
anything.

Moving on to the second job of clearing out the Chimp
house, he is attacked by the chimps who pelt him with
coconuts.

He swipes at two chimps with a spade killing them
both. What can he do? Feed them to the lions, he says to
himself, because lions eat anything..

He hurls the corpses into the lion enclosure.

He moves on to the last job which is
to collect honey from the South
American Bees. As soon as he starts he is
attacked by the bees. He grabs
the spade and smashes the bees
to a pulp. By now he knows what to do
and throws them into the lions cage
because lions eat anything.

Later that day a new lion arrives at
the zoo. He wanders up to another
lion and says "What's the food like here?"

The lions say: "Absolutely brilliant, today we had Fish and Chimps with