fish & chip van

Seems to be, see item 6 in the Questions Orales section... Mairie Sauze Vaussais

Demande d’utilisation du Domaine Public

Autorisation est donnée à un commerçant ambulant d’utiliser un emplacement place du Grand Puits les mardis et jeudis entre 17H et 20H30 à partir de la semaine 8, pour vente à emporter de « Fish and chips »

Thank you Cat, may take a drive there later. I absolutely love Fish & Chips, always have and although I make homemade it would be nice to have a treat now and again.  I hate Sausages, Burgers and Pizza so this is my only vice.  Mmmm, my  mouth is watering just thinking of them and OH has always said I don't cost much to keep as I have very simple tastes. [:)]

I am now in heaven having had delicious Fish & Chips from the spotless mobile van in Sauze. Such a pleasant young couple running it and for the time being it is just Thursday evenings so please don't call on me next Thursday as I will be in Sauze Vaussais buying my supper.  [:)]   The prices were very good as well so I hope it gets supported to enable them to continue, we all  need to earn a crust in these difficult times.

They were selling mushy peas but I declined them this time but  OH had curry sauce which he said was very nice. I just like my chippy supper with salt and vinegar, bread and butter and a nice cup of tea.

For me, just a wopping great piece of cod with lots of crispy batter and fat chips (not skinny French fries) and Heinz tomato ketchup.  Only Heinz will do; no other brands because they might not be sweet or guey enough![:D] 

Apart from the pleasure of family/grandchildren ,the other pleasure in our trips to Bournemouth is a fish & chip meal at "Chez Fred" in Westbourne,still the best fish and chips we have ever had,add to that the mushy peas and bottle of Merlot and it's a treat. We might be slightly biased as daughter is on service and her partner is the fryer,fish fryer that is. Still trying to get them to open up over here,even offered to peel all the spuds.

Regards.

[quote user="valB"]They are an English couple and yes, the chips are real  chips, nice big fat ones and not frozen ones. All in all a nice treat.[/quote]

Hate to ask this – but do you know what they fry in?  Traditional beef dripping is a big no no, for me.

Hello ali -cat

Definately not drripping and I think she mentioned Palm oil but it is definately oil. It was a bit noisy with a lot of people all chatting so I may have got the name of the oil wrong but it should be fine for you.

Noisy table of 6 next Thursday will be us.I do get a few funny looks when I get a kiss and hug from the waitress. Another attempt at getting them to open up over here. I can see a decent fish and chip restaurant + take-away doing a reasonable trade all year round near us However ,I am aware that fish prices have risen 5 times in the last 3 years. The oil used is getting harder to buy and trade doesn't come out of thin air.Having the deep sea fishery boat,  the Joseph Roti and freezer plant in St.Malo might be a start.Apart from that plenty of local spud supplies and very cheap labour in the prep  department,namely me. By coincidence one of the first pocket money jobs I had was helping my older brother prepare 3 bathloads of chips,6 days a week, for a fish and chip shop in Palmerston Road Boscombe.I think he paid me 6d.

By the way ,the bathtubs were ONLY used to keep the chips in.

Regards.