Massive fines on the way??

f1steveuk

According to the Daily Mail, well no harbinger of doom, glooom and despondancy, some of us are about to be fined heavily for looking after ourselves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2158326/British-expats-France-face-shock-8-000-fine-declare-inheritance-trusts.html

I am still wondering if we will be fined for not having a breathaliser kit.

Do you know anyone that has actually bought one as I don't, or did

that fall down the pan too after Sarkozy left.

Very confusing all this legislation.

Daily Mail, now they like to try make us hate the French don't they?

Breath tester, I have two in each car, because if you have one and use it, your instantly breaking the law. The cynic in me says that's a deliberate ploy to catch people out!

As for the fines and declaration of trusts, it doesn't affect me, and the Daily Mail scare mongering, isn't new, but I bet it catches a few out.

Depending on who you believe the fine for not having one is either €11 or €17.

Since the fine will not be levied until November I fail to see the point of buying any now, why waste 6 months of the shelf life ?

On top of that TBH I can't really see myself ever using one.

One of the reasons I got one was that for the past couple of years I have been the first response should my mother press her emergency alarm, if I have had a drink in the evening and the alarm monitoring company phone during the night it would be useful to know whether or not I can drive.....