CA Britline considering charging for English Speaking Service

minnie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
You are come across as the type of smug self serving thick idiot everyone in england hate.

Credit agricole normandy assure you when you take out an account that there is always an english speaking representative. Then lo and behold with account opened. Then NO ENGLISH SPEAKING PERSON. My advice to Credit Agricole is don't promise what you can't deliver.

So Ms self serving thick smug idiot do you understand?

I have no idea what all this is about allatsea, if you put as much energy into getting to grips with french and french banking as you have snarling at this board and the CA then your life would be somewhat easier.

Incidentally, my experience of the many (6 in total so far) french banks we have used,  is that many of the staff are useless and unhelpful and some do not tell the truth and all of this, would you believe all in french. My current french bank is not too bad and my conseillere in spite of her dreadful managers does her very best, hence we have stayed with them.

The CA is a regional bank. I am told that it varies by region, in my old region they were dreadful. I'll add, as was the CM and BP.

Yes you might have a point, I was responding in complete frustration. I was responding to the email on page one by ms smugginess r51. I run a number of businesses in four different countries. I cannot learn different languages , I dont get the time. I do however, get agreements from the relevant banks I deal with to always have someone available to speak english and they agree. Credit Agricole St Lo did not fulfill this agreement. However they do take my money. Ms R51 needs to reprogramme her brain morally and start being a bit less smug. I doubt if she has encountered or worked hard in her life. One of life's scroungers relying on others for an income.

[quote user="allatsea"]Yes you might have a point, I was responding in complete frustration. I was responding to the email on page one by ms smugginess r51. I run a number of businesses in four different countries. I cannot learn different languages , I dont get the time. I do however, get agreements from the relevant banks I deal with to always have someone available to speak english and they agree. Credit Agricole St Lo did not fulfill this agreement. However they do take my money. Ms R51 needs to reprogramme her brain morally and start being a bit less smug. I doubt if she has encountered or worked hard in her life. One of life's scroungers relying on others for an income.[/quote]

Errrrmmm: play the ball, not the player! You don't know Mrs R51 (I presume) and I think that you might want to reconsider your very personal, potentially VERY hurtful and inappropriate comments.

The post made - TWO YEARS AND EIGHT PAGES AGO - concerned the potential proposal by CA Britline to charge for an English-speaking service.

You have resurrected this old thread and made a post which doesn't seem to be about CA Britline per se, but about the failure of a specific CA branch to honour an agreement to provide someone in-branch to speak English. Why not start a new thread and avoid the personal attacks?

[quote user="allatsea"]Yes you might have a point, I was responding in complete frustration. I was responding to the email on page one by ms smugginess r51. I run a number of businesses in four different countries. I cannot learn different languages , I dont get the time. I do however, get agreements from the relevant banks I deal with to always have someone available to speak english and they agree. Credit Agricole St Lo did not fulfill this agreement. However they do take my money. Ms R51 needs to reprogramme her brain morally and start being a bit less smug. I doubt if she has encountered or worked hard in her life. One of life's scroungers relying on others for an income.[/quote]

Did anyone else receive an offensive email from allatsea rather on the lines of the above, or was I the only one unlucky enough to receive one?

More worryingly, how did that person get hold of my email address? It was an email, not a PM.

EDIT - or is it as I originally thought, and sent via LF?

Since I started this thread I'll put in my tenpenceworth. CA Britline is based in Caen and I am in the South West of France hence most of my contact is either by e-mail or phone. I have contacted them on any number of occasions and find their english speaking staff most helpful. Speaking personally I've never had any problem with them. We also have a CA account locally for day to day use and they too have satisfied our needs.

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="allatsea"]Yes you might have a point, I was responding in complete frustration. I was responding to the email on page one by ms smugginess r51. I run a number of businesses in four different countries. I cannot learn different languages , I dont get the time. I do however, get agreements from the relevant banks I deal with to always have someone available to speak english and they agree. Credit Agricole St Lo did not fulfill this agreement. However they do take my money. Ms R51 needs to reprogramme her brain morally and start being a bit less smug. I doubt if she has encountered or worked hard in her life. One of life's scroungers relying on others for an income.[/quote]
Errrrmmm: play the ball, not the player! You don't know Mrs R51 (I presume) and I think that you might want to reconsider your very personal, potentially VERY hurtful and inappropriate comments.
The post made - TWO YEARS AND EIGHT PAGES AGO - concerned the potential proposal by CA Britline to charge for an English-speaking service.
You have resurrected this old thread and made a post which doesn't seem to be about CA Britline per se, but about the failure of a specific CA branch to honour an agreement to provide someone in-branch to speak English. Why not start a new thread and avoid the personal attacks?
[/quote]

Pickles has put it well, please do not make personal attacks on members, yes attack the argument or say if your experience has been different, but attacking a specific poster really wont help and is likely to get your post removed.

[quote user="gardengirl "]how did that person get hold of my email address? It was an email, not a PM.

EDIT - or is it as I originally thought, and sent via LF?

[/quote]

It will have been sent via the "email" link in your posts on the CF/LF site. Any person using that link will not see your email address, unless you choose to respond via email.

I think the post says more about the poster.  To confirm - s/he knows nothing about me - evident from the gross factual inaccuracies in his / her post. I work full time - at senior executive level in a UK high street bank. A mutual and not one of those bailed out - before anyone jumps in with more derogatory comments.

Mrs R51

Edit Rereading this thread reminds me why I left these forums. 

[quote user="Russethouse"]

This thread is nearly 2 years old.. I have no idea who are you talking to and writing whole texts in caps is seen as shouting and is rude.

If you have a banking problem and need help, then just say so and maybe other forum members will be kind enough to assist

[/quote]

Not me, I'm afraid. I wouldn't even pee on him/her if he/she was on fire[:D]