Stitch & *** France

Stitch & Bitch is the new thing in England and America, so a group of us decided to form our own Stitch & Bitch in the Correze (19).  So if you live near the Pompadour area please feel free to join us fortnightly on a Tuesday morning at the Auberge de L'etrier in Beyssac from 10am to Midday.

For more details about the group and it's meetings - please visit the website www.bitchnstitchfrance.com and please feel free to drop in with your stitching at our next meeting which is on Tuesday 8th January.

Happy Stitching

Jan

edit: link made live by a mod

Sorry, as I understand it you cannot because the word is filtered - the software serves manyother forums too so its not possible just to make an exception for one topic - unless some one else knows better.[8-)]

Back on topic - maybe you should contact Cendrillon, she is an expert in the stitch bit !

[quote user="Suninfrance"]OK - that's fair.  Hopefully people will visit the link to find out the other word.   [:D]
[/quote]

If you go back to the Active post list and hover your cursor  over the post you will see that it is not filtered out ( well not on my puter)[:D]

Quote from Russethouse

"Back on topic - maybe you should contact Cendrillon, she is an expert in the stitch bit !"

Stitch bit yes but not the other word which follows!

For the record I hate this name for a sewing / quilting group,  I think the name has travelled across the pond from the U.S.A.[:(]

• 2 weeks later...
I am trying to do a translation of Stich & B***h into French for some posters which I need to take over to a friends house this afternoon for distribution.  However, I am stuggling to find the appropriate words in French.  Could someone give me some ideas please?

Thanks

Jan xx

I know what you mean and even though it doesn't rhyme a translation for Stitch & Talk, chat, gossip, any suitable translation into French would do.  At the moment I have Raler - but that means to fume, to groan, to rattle - not quite appropriate.  Stitch & B***h is down to the English sense of "humour", but I doubt the French will see it that way.

So if someone, please, can come up with some suitable ideas while I'm tackling my ironing.  Would be ever so grateful.

Jan

[quote user="Jacqui Too "]Knit and natter [:D][/quote]

mais en français ça ne marche pas ![8-)]

Looking through the French quilters' guild magazine they seem to hold

"journées de l'Amitié" in various regions but those are events for the whole day.

What about calling / advertising your meetings

"À vos aiguilles, rendez-vous - patch, tricot, brodérie"

Edit:

My reply was probably posted too late to be of any help, sorry, I was taken out for lunch [:)]

Have been chatting on another forum regarding the stitch bit - going to hopefully move my stitching and knitting business over to France - have been running one in UK for many years.

Am looking to Piegut or Cussac area, and if Marie agrees, run patchwork classes in our village when established. As I work as a journalist as well, am just looking at possibilities and costs of setting up shop, so to speak. If you need anything will be over Easter again. Please e-mail me. I have been telling Bergere to tell their French stockists to carry the English translated patterns - if you have a stockist near you they should be able to get a range of translated patterns and books.

Have links obviously in UK with needlecraft and quilters' groups.